Latest post Sun, Mar 10 2019 9:06 PM by Terry Snyder. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Mar 10 2019 8:36 PM

Transcode/Consolidate small section of long AMA linked clip.

I'm embarrassed to admit I don't know this...    I was given a 1.5 hour continuous clip on a portable drive by a client.  I AMA linked the clip.  I only need about 2 minutes from this long clip.   How do I consolidate/transcode just the portion of the clip that I need to my media drive so I can give the client back his drive?

MC 2018.4 with Symphony, Matrox MX02 Mini Max, Win 7 Pro, HP Z800 2x6-Core 3.2Ghz Xeon, 48GB ram, Quadro K4200, SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD as system drive... [view my complete system specs]

I have a fantastic editing assistant.  He stays by my side when I edit...doesn't talk too much...and thinks I'm a genius!    Check him out here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQVkYaaPO6g

• Sun, Mar 10 2019 8:54 PM In reply to

Re: Transcode/Consolidate small section of long AMA linked clip.

I'm not in front of a machine to test this, but my first instinct would be to subclip the portion I wanted to transcode, and then transcode the subclip.

Media Composer 2018.12.1 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sun, Mar 10 2019 9:06 PM In reply to

Re: Transcode/Consolidate small section of long AMA linked clip.

Thanks.   I'll give it a try.

MC 2018.4 with Symphony, Matrox MX02 Mini Max, Win 7 Pro, HP Z800 2x6-Core 3.2Ghz Xeon, 48GB ram, Quadro K4200, SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD as system drive... [view my complete system specs]

I have a fantastic editing assistant.  He stays by my side when I edit...doesn't talk too much...and thinks I'm a genius!    Check him out here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQVkYaaPO6g

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller