Latest post Thu, Mar 14 2019 9:17 AM by Telegram!. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Mar 8 2019 10:29 AM

Play quad split sequence in player window

Hi

Is there a way to play a sequence of grouped clips in the player window so you can see all clips in quad split WHEN PLAYING?

I can see the different clips when paused, but when I start playing, it returns to full screen in the player window.

:)

MC 2018.12.1

Mac Pro 10.12.6 

MacBook Pro late 2017 Mac OS X 10.13.1 Media Composer 2018.7.1 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Mar 8 2019 2:53 PM In reply to

• Bruno M
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 11 2010
    • London, UK
    • Posts 560
    • Points 7,130

Re: Play quad split sequence in player window

1) Create a new sequence.

2) Edit the whole multigroup clip into your timeline.

3) In the 'Composer' drop-down menu, select 'Multicamera Mode'

4) Play your sequence - the quad split sources will all play-along with the sequence.

HP Z800, HP G3 Studio, SonnetFusion RAID, Mojo DX, Symphony 2018.9, JVC DTV1910 HD tube monitor, HP Dreamcolor, Avid Artist Color [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Mar 8 2019 7:50 PM In reply to

Thanks Bruno, but it is not quite what I mean. 

I would like to have a sequence of grouped clips in the player (left) monitor. 

Seing all grouped clips playing in quad split. 

This only works if you have one grouped clip in this monitor, not working with a sequence.

MacBook Pro late 2017 Mac OS X 10.13.1 Media Composer 2018.7.1 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Mar 9 2019 3:50 AM In reply to

If you prepare PiP/Resize Effects to Display 25% - one quadrant per track/camera - I *believe* you will see your full-motion angles when you load/play that sequence in Source Monitor. If your computer chokes doing so, you could do a video mixdown of your “quad split” and with the latest software, ADD the mixdown to your existing Group. 

Windows7 Pro; HP 820z, 16GB ram; Composer Nitris DX, Squeeze v8.5 Pro _____ Windows10 Pro x64 Dell XPS 8930 Special Edition Tower i7-8700 3.2 Ghz; 32GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Mar 14 2019 9:14 AM In reply to

Telegram!:

If you prepare PiP/Resize Effects to Display 25% - one quadrant per track/camera - I *believe* you will see your full-motion angles when you load/play that sequence in Source Monitor. If your computer chokes doing so, you could do a video mixdown of your “quad split” and with the latest software, ADD the mixdown to your existing Group. 

Thanks Telegram! That’s a decent workaround!

Windows7 Pro; HP 820z, 16GB ram; Composer Nitris DX, Squeeze v8.5 Pro _____ Windows10 Pro x64 Dell XPS 8930 Special Edition Tower i7-8700 3.2 Ghz; 32GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Mar 14 2019 9:17 AM In reply to

Telegram!:

Telegram!:

Thanks Telegram! That’s a decent workaround!

Too bad we don’t have a button to do it, but it’s the next best thing. 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller