Latest post Mon, Feb 25 2019 10:31 PM by DavidRyan. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Feb 25 2019 10:31 PM

• DavidRyan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Feb 15 2019
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

ISampleProvider2 sample?

Hello,

I am currently trying to develop an AMA plugin (specifically for Avid Media Composer). I have downloaded the AMA SDK from the following page: https://my.avid.com/products/cppsdk?toolkit=AMA

I have enountered a couple of issues:
    1. Unfortunately, the sample plugin does not compile on MacOS (I am using Mojave with Xcode 10.1 installed). The readme.txt states that the sample was developed with Xcode3 / gcc 4.2, however we wish to compile with a more modern version of Xcode (which has only included Clang since version 5). Do you have any sample projects that compile with Xcode 10 & Clang?
    2. Additionally, based on my reading of the AVID SDK Developer's Guide (amasdk/doc/amasdk.pdf), it appears we need to implement the "Sample Provider" interface as we plan to independently read & decode our own media data. Do you have any samples which demonstrate this? (The SampleCam project appears to implement a SampleMapper which does not do this kind of decoding?)
    An example of how a Sample Provider ought to be implemented would be fantastic. Thanks in advance!
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller