Latest post Wed, Mar 13 2019 9:20 AM by Bailey White. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Feb 23 2019 11:48 AM

• Bailey White
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 2 2018
    • Falmouth
    • Posts 3
    • Points 25

Blue footage during playback.

Usually, when loading or starting a new project, I have to go into Video Display settings and uncheck Dual Copy Engine (OpenCL) as I normally end up with footage that turns blue, and this fixes the issue.

Today I loaded up my project, with this setting unchecked, and my footage turns blue during playback. Once paused it reverts back to its original colour. This hasn't affected any other of my projects from what I can tell, could this be an issue with transcoding the footage?

Edit: I'm able to open a bin in a different project and the video is fine, seems like something to do with the project?

Below is a GIF of the issue.

Microsoft Windows 10 HomeIntel Core i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz16GM RAMNVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Feb 24 2019 11:27 AM In reply to

Re: Blue footage during playback.

I think this is related to the Dual copy engine in display settings. Turn it off and try.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Wed, Mar 13 2019 9:20 AM In reply to

• Bailey White
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 2 2018
    • Falmouth
    • Posts 3
    • Points 25

Re: Blue footage during playback.

I mentioned in the post that this didn't work, which was unusual because it always had.

The only fix I've managed to come up with was to uninstall/reinstall avid from scratch and that seemed to work. Not a clue what happened.

Microsoft Windows 10 HomeIntel Core i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz16GM RAMNVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller