Latest post Fri, Mar 1 2019 8:02 AM by TrevorA. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Feb 21 2019 8:56 PM

• Doug Abel
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 31
    • Points 375

Nuke the audio mix mode toggle!!!

(Posted this in Dec 2017 but repeating because it's currently my #1 annoyance, after the crappy pan/zoom effect)

Because the tool's mode appearances are almost identical I sometimes accidentally make a volume adjustment in automation mode instead of clip mode. Having to click and toggle through 3 modes feels pretty old school, especially since I have literally never ever used "live" mode. (Informal poll: has anyone ever used that mode?)

Tabs might be better, and perhaps different colors or some other indication of what mode you’re in. And it's silly that the record button icon remains in the modes that can't record.

Many moons ago the clip mix and automation mix tools were actually separate tools. I think that was actually better--keyboard mapping to get the tool you want--but I think we can come of with a hybrid that kicks it.

The toggle simply boggles the mind! 

Dg

• Fri, Feb 22 2019 8:35 AM In reply to

Re: Nuke the audio mix mode toggle!!!

Hi Doug,

As a workaround, I think we can map the Clip and Auto Mixer to keys or buttons now.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Feb 28 2019 6:10 PM In reply to

• Doug Abel
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 31
    • Points 375

I don't see a way to do that in 2018.12.0 ...?

• Fri, Mar 1 2019 6:44 AM In reply to

For the life of me, I have no clue where I read about it, and I cannot find any reference to it either. I must have dreamt it.

I prefered the separate tools, but would even settle if I could map one key/button to Clip and one key/button to Auto, so that I can invoke exactly the mixer I'm trying to address.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Mar 1 2019 8:02 AM In reply to

• TrevorA
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • London
    • Posts 1,126
    • Points 12,775

Doug Abel:
    I have literally never ever used "live" mode. (Informal poll: has anyone ever used that mode?)

Nope, never, not even once. (Longstanding feature request to remove it dating from about 10 seconds after its introduction).

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller