Latest post Thu, Feb 21 2019 9:36 PM by Marianna. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Feb 21 2019 5:09 PM

• jef
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 26 2006
    • Maryland
    • Posts 3,373
    • Points 40,745

Insert File Export tool issues

MC 2018.11  Mac OS 10.12.6

I have been beating on this tool, trying to decide whether it is safe to use during delivery to networks.  I have had issues.

First, on my home system which is limited to El Cap OS I can not get it to work at all reliably.  Now testing on a system with Sierra, it is working BUT I am getting some errors.

First, I took a show that I had output to MXF OP1a DNx 145 and changed about 5 Slates in the show.  This seemed to work well.  I tested the resulting file in MXF4mac player (RIP), Premiere 2018, Resolve 15 and it looked great.

When I attempt to link back to this file in Avid I get:

Exception: Cannot create the AMA sample mapper to play this clip - SelectFileMob() failed. OK

What????

So I did a bunch of test trying to recreate this error.    I made new MXF OP1a file and just started making small changes and linking back in Avid.   All of these worked just fine until I deleted audio in the same area where I was making a video only change.  I selected Use Marks and Use Selected Tracks in the Insert Edit Export menu.  I only had video tracks selected with my In and Out marks.  I did the edit.  After Avid was done making the fix, the following error message popped up:

AMAMapper::Setup() floc is set to NULL.  OK

Avid was not happy linking to this file UNTILL I quit and restarted Avid.  Then all was good.  The fix had worked as I wanted it to.

All of this is to say I am nervous in using this tool for critical deliveries.  And all deliveries are critical!!

I have started other threads on this tool and get little to no response.  Which surprises me based on the incredible value this tool presents.  I feel like I am just calling out “Bueller”.

Jef

Avid DS 11.0.2 R.I.P | MC "Well, it depends ..." mostly 8.10.0 but playing w 2018.11| OS 10.11.x - various MacPro Towers - home system MacPro... [view my complete system specs]

Jef Huey

Senior Editor

Old Stuff  http://vimeo.com/album/3037796

• Thu, Feb 21 2019 6:19 PM In reply to

• jef
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 26 2006
    • Maryland
    • Posts 3,373
    • Points 40,745

Re: Insert File Export tool issues

Ok, an update of sorts.

I decided on a whim to check the first problem file in a different suite.  It linked with no issues!!  Back to my room.  Still no good.  Restart Avid.  No good.  Finally a full power off, power on of my system. POW! Now it works.      ???

So that is good news.  But I am still a little gun shy of this tool.  Would love to hear that someone else is using it in a real delivery situation.

Jef

Avid DS 11.0.2 R.I.P | MC "Well, it depends ..." mostly 8.10.0 but playing w 2018.11| OS 10.11.x - various MacPro Towers - home system MacPro... [view my complete system specs]

Jef Huey

Senior Editor

Old Stuff  http://vimeo.com/album/3037796

• Thu, Feb 21 2019 9:36 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,159
    • Points 217,400
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Insert File Export tool issues

Hey Jef

Let me get one of the work flow peeps on this. I do know that El Cap and the higher 2018.x versions dont like each other - hence better performance with Sierra and even better will be seen with high Sierra.

Stand by

xo

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller