Latest post Fri, Feb 22 2019 8:00 PM by Jeroen van Eekeres. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Feb 21 2019 1:58 PM

Sorenson squeeze lite no longer activated

Hi All,

Just discovered that Sorenson squeeze lite is no longer activated with a subscription license.

Is this an intentional action (Due to the product going EOL) or is this a side effect of the new free, standard, ultimate licensing scheme?

Thanks.

Most of the MC/NC, Interplay, Nexis, ISIS, Unity stuff. [view my complete system specs]

Avid reseller ACSR at Telmaco

http://www.telmaco.gr/en/

• Thu, Feb 21 2019 2:53 PM In reply to

• Fazz Powell
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Dec 3 2006
    • Naples, FL
    • Posts 368
    • Points 5,075

Re: Sorenson squeeze lite no longer activated

There are a bunch of posts about this. They EOL and out of business. There was a free version of 11.1 Pro at a link that accepted any old S/N, but that was like 6 months ago and I think that link was removed. Poke around and you'll find the link and info. Good luck.

MC 2018.10 w/Symphony option. NitrisDX, HP Z800 Dual 2.67Ghz, 500GB SSD, 96GB Ram, Nvidia M4000, BCC2019, Sapphire2019, TitlePro5, ProTools 10.5,Terrablock... [view my complete system specs]

Dan Powell - Take One Digital Media

• Thu, Feb 21 2019 3:02 PM In reply to

Hi Fazz,

I'm aware of that thread and about the 11.1 pro version that doesn't need to access the web for activation.

But I was not aware that the lite version would no longer activate itself with a new MC subscription.

Most of the MC/NC, Interplay, Nexis, ISIS, Unity stuff. [view my complete system specs]

• Fri, Feb 22 2019 1:47 PM In reply to

• Adman
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Atlanta Georgia, USA
    • Posts 5,338
    • Points 60,280
    • BlogAuthor
      Moderator: Avid Free DV
      Moderator: Avid Xpress DV PC
      Moderator: Avid Xpress Studio
      Moderator: MCA PC

While it does continue to have an output link to Sorenson Squeeze, Avid no longer supports the EOL product. Not an unusual or unexpected thing. ;)

Mac Pro. QHD Ultra wide, thunderbolt LG monitor, MC Ultimate 2018.10.0. Pro Tools 11 HD (Mbox 3 Pro), iPad Pro 12.9". 17" Macbook Pro i7. Dell... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Feb 22 2019 2:51 PM In reply to

Hi Robert,

Not really no, but the lite version specifically required 'just' an active MC subscription. That requirement was 'not restricted' to a version so you could assume that it should still work. And anyone with an existing subscription will find that at the next renewal or system format he/she will not be able to re-activate Sorenson Squeeze lite.

In most cases I wouldn't have created a thread about this but...

Sorenson was friendly enough to release a final 11.1 version that only needs an valid key from a previous version... no further activation needed... great gesture. Avid however blocks the lite version for technical and/or legal (or unknown) reasons. Was that necessary?

• Fri, Feb 22 2019 6:48 PM In reply to

• Adman
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Atlanta Georgia, USA
    • Posts 5,338
    • Points 60,280
    • BlogAuthor

I searched for the 11.1 Pro installer without success... perhaps someone else still has it and will email it to you... but you will need a previous serial number.

Mac Pro. QHD Ultra wide, thunderbolt LG monitor, MC Ultimate 2018.10.0. Pro Tools 11 HD (Mbox 3 Pro), iPad Pro 12.9". 17" Macbook Pro i7. Dell... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Feb 22 2019 6:52 PM In reply to

• Adman
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Atlanta Georgia, USA
    • Posts 5,338
    • Points 60,280
    • BlogAuthor

...I just found the installer (zip file). If you want it, email me with your email address and I will send it to you. Perhaps it still works... I dunno.

• Fri, Feb 22 2019 8:00 PM In reply to

Hi Robert,

I have the installer and access to multiple keys of older versions. Still thanks for the offer.

The problem is not with myself but one I encountered at one of our (reseller) customers. 

Jeroen

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller