Latest post Thu, Feb 7 2019 9:42 AM by Dan_B. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Feb 5 2019 7:53 PM

• insch
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 250
    • Points 2,990

SFPlayConsumer::Execute TIMEOUT

I am getting the above error when I link to some footage folders on an external drive. The clips were shot on a Sony FS7, in XDRoot folder structure, and I've successfully linked to this footage before. I am using MC 2018:11.00. In MC I am using Source Browser. It does creat link to clips in the bins but I can't play them. My Mac also gets rather slow with lots of spinning beachballs etc. Any advice/thoughts?

Thanks

Mac Pro, 3.7 GHz Quad-core, 32GB RAM, G-Tech G-RAID Studio etc. [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Feb 6 2019 5:17 PM In reply to

• insch
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Posts 250
    • Points 2,990

Re: SFPlayConsumer::Execute TIMEOUT

I am also getting this error message when I try and open individual FS7 card folders:

"Exception: std::exception, what: "Segmentation fault" in thread "Adopted Thread", at address 0x0"

Any advice, anyone?

Thanks

Mac Pro, 3.7 GHz Quad-core, 32GB RAM, G-Tech G-RAID Studio etc. [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Feb 6 2019 5:44 PM In reply to

• Dan_B
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Nov 26 2013
    • Posts 152
    • Points 1,655

I'd first double check the nablet xdcam plugin versions you have - make sure you've got the right one for that version of MC.

Also double check the file paths - for non-standard or special characters.

Have you got access to another MC machine? it can help to see if it works on another and then bounce ideas between the two.

• Wed, Feb 6 2019 6:04 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,079
    • Points 216,495
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Insch....

Any open I/O atached by chance?

unfortunately, SFPlayConsumer::Execute TIMEOUT is a pretty generic error, indicating that there was a stall in the pipeline somewhere between storage and display.

Whatever caused the stall didn't register any specific errors, so the end-of-pipe just times out.

Not a lot of useful debugging info in just that message. Simplifying the pipeline (e.g. disabling hw) can sometimes help narrow the cause down.  

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Wed, Feb 6 2019 6:05 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,079
    • Points 216,495
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Insch - different error that the first one....

Clear your bin memory....    then look for corrupt effect renders. The problem is to try and figure out where it is.

Try exporting sections of your timeline "same as source" as it's quicker and should allow you to find the cuprit without wasting days. 

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Wed, Feb 6 2019 9:31 PM In reply to

• insch
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Posts 250
    • Points 2,990

Thanks Dan. I have updated the Nablet plug-ins just in case. There are no non-standard or special characters in the file paths. I haven't tried on another machine yet but can try that. Thanks for your time.

• Wed, Feb 6 2019 10:13 PM In reply to

• insch
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Posts 250
    • Points 2,990

Thanks Marianna

I have updated the Nablet plug-ins and things now seem stable with linking to the FS7 footage. I'll see how I go.

All the best

• Thu, Feb 7 2019 9:42 AM In reply to

• Dan_B
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Nov 26 2013
    • Posts 152
    • Points 1,655

Hopefully that all works out for you.

Smile

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller