Latest post Tue, Jan 29 2019 11:04 PM by hagi. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jan 27 2019 7:05 PM

• hagi
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 318
    • Points 4,270

Achieving the same viewing pleasure as the source/record monitor

I need directions in achieving the same viewing pleasure as observed in the source/record monitor. The question is why does the source/record monitor playback in the timeline so 'vivid' and beautiful than the encoded version(the final being mp4, or other. I use TMPGEnc for mastering mp4/bluray(the blacks looks a bit washed/faded) that I playback with VLC, quicktime, windows.

I am trying to move to digital delivery of some projects(ranging from 30mins to 3.5hrs), I am not worried about space(file size), but I want to achieve the same 'look'/playback as observed in the source/record monitor

(is the MC monitors(source/record) playback different from the other general ones, VLC, and others)

HP Z800 2.9Ghz(2x) 12GB Ram, Nvidia Quadro FX5800, Camera - HMC150 Media Composer 8.6 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jan 29 2019 5:19 PM In reply to

Re: Achieving the same viewing pleasure as the source/record monitor

Sounds like a levels issue. MC works with TV or Studio levels internally. When you export you need to select to expand the levels to full range levels.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Tue, Jan 29 2019 11:04 PM In reply to

• hagi
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 318
    • Points 4,270

Re: Achieving the same viewing pleasure as the source/record monitor

Thank you Pat, will do a quick export test with the same media

HP Z800 2.9Ghz(2x) 12GB Ram, Nvidia Quadro FX5800, Camera - HMC150 Media Composer 8.6 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller