Latest post Sat, Jan 19 2019 11:20 AM by mangamanga. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jan 16 2019 5:23 PM

solved --- CMD+V fails - splice in overwrites

I have an issue since I installed MC 2018.10.0

I'm using a Macbook pro 2018 and a USB Avid keyboard. Whenever I mark and extract (CMD+x) and paste (CMD+v), the extracted content will overwrite instead of splice in. I've got the same issue when I mark clips with the splice in mover (yellow arrow). Whatever clip I move to splice in, it'll overwrite.

When I check my keyboard settings it shows that the splice in tool is correctly on the v-key.

Any advice or clue is highly appreciated. This really slows down my editing  

• Wed, Jan 16 2019 7:54 PM In reply to

• Cutyes
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jan 14 2012
    • Berlin
    • Posts 66
    • Points 895

Re: CMD+V fails - splice in overwrites

Do you have your tracks sync locked? I have seen the same behaviour, but only if all tracks are sync locked. When I deactivate sync lock for one or more tracks the yellow arrow works as usual. Can't say anything about [cmd+v] because I never use it for editing. I am still at v2018.5 and I was hoping that in the meantime it would have been recognized and fixed.

• Wed, Jan 16 2019 10:02 PM In reply to

• Schnittskunk
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Sep 20 2011
    • Berlin, Germany
    • Posts 9
    • Points 95

You can use cmd+opt+v to splice in

MacPro 5,1 12Core, 48GB RAM, OS X 10.12.6, MC 2018.5 MojoDX / MacBook Pro Retina 2015 2.8, 16GB RAM, OS X 10.12.6, MC 2018.5 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jan 16 2019 10:15 PM In reply to

CMD-V is an OS shortcut and will therefore “paste” regardless of what you map to the V-key. My bet is you need to set the default behavior to Splice In in stead of Overwrite. Probably in Timeline Settings (not at a system right now).

See: http://community.avid.com/forums/t/138086.aspx

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jan 18 2019 1:59 PM In reply to

Hello Job, you were right. Timeline settings were set to "overwrite". Thank you very much - case solved! Smile

• Fri, Jan 18 2019 2:46 PM In reply to

• Cutyes
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jan 14 2012
    • Berlin
    • Posts 66
    • Points 895

Did it solve it for the "yellow arrow" too? When you said "yellow arrow" were you referring to the segment-tool or the splice-in-edit?

• Sat, Jan 19 2019 11:20 AM In reply to

I had referred to the segment tool and yes, it solved that problem. 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller