Latest post Fri, Jan 11 2019 10:01 PM by JacTan. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jan 9 2019 7:23 PM

• JacTan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Sep 9 2014
    • Posts 8
    • Points 110

No mask margin when exporting a graphic

Hi All,

I was exporting single frames from a documentary project I'm working on and I noticed that my 2.35 mask was not being exported with the graphic.  I experimented with the graphic export settings (taking enable mask on and off in the export setting, applying and removing flame flex) and the graphic export setting is not applying my mask margin to the image.

One other thing I noticed as well, when I try to export a still from a clip on my source monitor, the lut I have is not being applied to the exported image.

Working on MC 2018.11, hoping there will be a fix at some point on this, or if there is a different way to export a still frame with mask margins on.

• Thu, Jan 10 2019 5:21 PM In reply to

Re: No mask margin when exporting a graphic

You have to have "Enable Mask Margains" checked in the Export settings for the Target Mask to be applied to file export.

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Thu, Jan 10 2019 9:51 PM In reply to

• JacTan
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 8
    • Points 110

I've tried it with Enable Mask Margins on and off as stated in my first post, but does not work when you set the export settings for graphics, seems to only work with video.

A coworker tried on MC 2018.12, seems to work there but ONLY if an aspect ratio was applied to the clip via FrameFlex.

In any case, we're exporting the stills we need from version 2018.12, but its a bit annoying that it won't work directly when mask margins are on, could be a bug with the graphic export settings?

• Fri, Jan 11 2019 7:44 PM In reply to

Sorry...missed that part. Let me move it up the food chain, as I am seeing the same thing.

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Fri, Jan 11 2019 10:01 PM In reply to

• JacTan
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 8
    • Points 110

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller