Latest post Thu, Mar 29 2012 3:45 AM by Tom Pearson. 25 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jun 21 2006 11:25 AM

• bigkid
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jun 2 2006
    • Australia
    • Posts 37
    • Points 525

Two dilemmas??

Locked Contact

First - I was using today a fractal fire in commotion clip FX, I was trying to change the color of the fire and I can change it in the edit view but when I exit to the timeline changes to the default. I can use any other settings without any problems.

Second - I was also trying to capture audio through the fiber optical cable using BOB but also without a success.

I wonder if anyone encountered the same problems or it's just me 

btw. I have Avid Liquid Pro 7.1 SP1

Avid MC 3.1.2, Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz, Quadro Fx 3700, 4GB of RAM, 80GB,250GB,500GB,750GB SATA HDD, Audigy4, XP Pro SP3, AL Pro7.21, ShuttlePRO V.2 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jun 21 2006 12:21 PM In reply to

• LewS
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • West Palm Beach, FL
    • Posts 10,277
    • Points 132,650
    • Moderator: MCA PC

Re: Two dilemmas??

Locked Contact

I have reported the problem with not being able to change the colors in the commotion filters. This is a known issue.

I have never used the optical connection for audio. As I understand it, it only processes RAW data streams and you must have video present for the BOB to work with any audio. Sorry I can't be of more help here.

3.15GHz E8500 CPU, Intel MB w P35 chipset, 4GB memory, Pioneer DVD burner, onboard audio, nVidia Quadro FX1700 512MB , 2TB (4 x 500GB) Raid 0 on Vantec... [view my complete system specs]

LewS

• Wed, Jun 21 2006 12:22 PM In reply to

• BarkinMadd
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 4,620
    • Points 60,370

Locked Contact
    Confirmed - fractal fire does not save it's color settings - Does it save any settings?
    Camera(s) PXW-X70, HDR-FX1, Hero 6 Black | MC 18.12.1 | QT 7.7.9 | Continuum 2019 | Sapphire 2019 | Mocha Pro 2019 | Titler Pro 6 | Windows 10 Pro x64... [view my complete system specs]

Steve

www.nelliedogstudios.com

• Wed, Jun 21 2006 1:49 PM In reply to

• bigkid
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jun 2 2006
    • Australia
    • Posts 37
    • Points 525

Locked Contact

Good to know that Avid is aware about this problem, lets hope they'll fix it soon

Yeah, the video was present too when I was trying to catch audio through the fiber optic input, maybe Robert is not ready for it yet :)

Some settings in the fractal fire are working,

thx guys for your responses

Avid MC 3.1.2, Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz, Quadro Fx 3700, 4GB of RAM, 80GB,250GB,500GB,750GB SATA HDD, Audigy4, XP Pro SP3, AL Pro7.21, ShuttlePRO V.2 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jun 21 2006 2:07 PM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,335

Locked Contact

I am using the digital optical in signal, I record some movies on my Nokia 9902S Satelite receiver and some of the best movies  I use to record over to my computer for making DVD 5:1 of them, this is the only way today to be able to handle surround sound from the movies, no dvd-recorders with or without hard disk have surround in, just surround out.

tomas

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Wed, Jun 21 2006 2:15 PM In reply to

• LewS
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • West Palm Beach, FL
    • Posts 10,277
    • Points 132,650

Locked Contact

Tomas,

Do you know what the digital audio output stream is from the sat receiver? It might say in the setup menu. I have been told that only a specific stream works. It would be interesting to know this.

Also for bigkid, you have to select this input in your player connection settings within Liquid. Normally they are set for analog.

3.15GHz E8500 CPU, Intel MB w P35 chipset, 4GB memory, Pioneer DVD burner, onboard audio, nVidia Quadro FX1700 512MB , 2TB (4 x 500GB) Raid 0 on Vantec... [view my complete system specs]

LewS

• Wed, Jun 21 2006 2:31 PM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,335

Locked Contact

Nokia 9902S has only digital coaxial sound out and I have 15 meters between that one and my computer so i put the Nokia into my Sony Surround STR-DB790 receiver and then put the digital optical cable for the BOB into "Tape Out" on the receiver.

Sony hasn´t told us so much about the digital out in the specifications about the receiver, maybe something in their website.

tomas 

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Wed, Jun 21 2006 2:56 PM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,335

Locked Contact

Tomas,

Do you know what the digital audio output stream is from the sat receiver? It might say in the setup menu. I have been told that only a specific stream works. It would be interesting to know this.

Found something in Sonys website, it is the same manual for 790 and for DA1000ES, send you the link from the website about DA1000ES.

http://esupport.sony.com/perl/model-documents.pl?mdl=STRDA1000ES

Tomas

Tomas 

• Wed, Jun 21 2006 3:06 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

Tomas,

Liquid can't record surround audio in. Equipment that accepts surround audio has to pay a licensing fee to do so.

• Wed, Jun 21 2006 3:27 PM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,335

Locked Contact

Tomas,

Liquid can't record surround audio in. Equipment that accepts surround audio has to pay a licensing fee to do so.

Thanks Curt

You just solved a problem and saved me from studying the manual more in detail. I have noticed that I can hear surround sound in my computer speakers while capturing but I have so far not succeeded in getting the surround sound back to dvd, thought I should learn more about ac3, surround and audio busses some rainy day. However, and this is very important, listen here.

In November 2005, I spoke with AVID support in England, the new AL 7,0 was on its way. I watched some demos on the net, everyone spoke about "FULL DOLBY 5:1 Surround" I asked the support if it really was so and he said that everything was full Dolby Surround, both in and out.

The Avid support in England gave me the name and number for a reseller here in Sweden, I spoke a lot with the owner, he was good at digital video and use to make jobs for our national tv-channels.

I asked him if it really was full Dolby surround both in and out and he told me "if Avid says it is so, it is, they do very nice programs"

So, now I wonder, if you are right, and I don´t need to search any longer in all manuals for the right configuration for Dolby 5:1 in, who is responsable for not telling all us customers the thruth?

Tomas

Tomas 

• Wed, Jun 21 2006 5:21 PM In reply to

• LewS
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • West Palm Beach, FL
    • Posts 10,277
    • Points 132,650

Locked Contact
    You cannot capture Dolby surround. You can author and output in Dolby 5.1 surround from videos you make yourself. You can import stereo but not digital surround. So, I am afraid you received some bad information.

LewS

• Wed, Jun 21 2006 6:10 PM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,335

Locked Contact

You cannot capture Dolby surround. You can author and output in Dolby 5.1 surround from videos you make yourself. You can import stereo but not digital surround. So, I am afraid you received some bad information

That bad information came directly from AVID, not only once, it was in the video info in the website, it was in text everywere, everyone i asked said to me "it is through Dolby surround, both in and out"

I also read in AVIDs website about the BOB.

Feature

Avid Liquid Pro breakout box

Provides IEEE-1394, composite, component and S-video video I/O; stereo and S/PDIF audio I/O as well as surround sound monitoring via a USB-2 connection

I think AVID must give us customers an explanation to this, about the license cost, we are only buing the program and we assume that any license costs are included in the money we pay to AVID for the program.

Tomas

Tomas 

• Wed, Jun 21 2006 6:32 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

Tomas, what that says is correct "surround sound monitoring via a USB-2 connection" you can hear the surround sound out. Nowhere there does it say you can capture in surround.

• Wed, Jun 21 2006 6:40 PM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,335

Locked Contact

Tomas, what that says is correct "surround sound monitoring via a USB-2 connection" you can hear the surround sound out. Nowhere there does it say you can capture in surround

If that is the only official comment from AVID, I must say I am very dissapointed.

However, this a official forum, let´s see if I am the only one who has got incorrect information.

Tomas

Tomas 

• Wed, Jun 21 2006 7:01 PM In reply to

• dun4cheap
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • San Diego
    • Posts 2,013
    • Points 25,500

Locked Contact

I can definately understand where Tomas is coming from. It states you can monitor surround audio. SPDIF is a digital signal which can include and is not limited to mono, stereo, 2.1,4.1,5.1,7.1 etc. The verbage that is included in the bob write up does insinuate that it can capture via the spdif and it does not state in mono or stereo only. It does make mention that you can also monitor surround sound as well. So the way it is currently read is you have stereo input (analog) and digital input as well. It does not say that that the digital input is limited to stereo only.

stereo and S/PDIF audio I/O as well as surround sound monitoring

This is not the first time that verbage coming from pinnacle/avid products has been misleading. But then again pinnacle/avid are not the only companies that have word smithed incorrectly either.

So basically the way its written is this.

Input: Stereo (anaolog)

Input: SPDIF (Digital can be a wide variaty of audio input)

Output: Dolby Surround Monitoring.

I think Avid has some explaining to do.

Intel Q6600 Quad COre ATI x4850 PCIE 4 Gig Dual Channel DDR2 1 to 7 Acard 2033s Duplicator with Pioneer Burners with Hard drive Le 6.1 sp2, LE 7.1... [view my complete system specs]

Ed Running AL 7.1 SP1

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller