Latest post Mon, Oct 10 2016 5:07 AM by cozzie. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jun 18 2006 8:00 PM

• stickboy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 5
    • Points 45

track-1 not found

so i have done the search on this, and have not found a solution to this problem...i have a sequence that gives me this error message, and tech support claims that it is corrupt media.  so i have tracked the issue to audio, and here is where things get strange, the corruption is only on even audio channels.  i found a corrupt piece of audio on channel 2 in my sequence, moved it up to channel 1, and it played fine...moved it back to channel 2 and it continued to work fine.  so i am curious if anyone else has had this problem, and what the solution was. 

• Sun, Jun 18 2006 9:06 PM In reply to

• sep
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • France
    • Posts 5,593
    • Points 62,620

Re: track-1 not found

Here is what knowledge base says about this error message.

though, I acknowledge, this won"t help you.

Was it a stereo file ? If yes, it's important to know that Avid creates separate audio files, that is to say 2 files for 1 stereo audio file.It can happen that only 1 of both gets corrupted, but, reading your post, it seems the corrupted file recovered as you moved from 1 track to it's neighbour. Weird !

Adrenaline MCA 2.8 XW8400 3Gb RAM DNxcel Board, 760 Gb striped SCSI media storage, 1.2 TB 4 X striped SAS 15 000rpm storage.----MC Soft 2.8 + Mojo HP XW8000... [view my complete system specs]

sep

"out of difficulty comes performance"

Web site : www.audiacom.com

• Mon, Jun 19 2006 12:26 AM In reply to

Although this may not apply to you, there's another cause of "Track -1 Not Found".  Here's an example:  You capture 2 tracks of audio, and cut it into a sequence.  Later, you need to batch capture the same audio, but decide not to capture A2.  When you play the sequence, it is expecting an audio clip with 2 tracks, and only encounters a single audio track.  So, it's trying to tell you "1 track is not found", but words it as , "Track -1 Not Found".  When this is the case, you either have to recapture the audio with the missing track(s), or, re-cut in all the offending audio clips.
    Symphony 8.2.x w/Matrox MXO2 Rack, HP z420, Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 & nVidia... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

• Mon, Jun 19 2006 9:44 PM In reply to

• stickboy
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 5
    • Points 45

thanks for the responses..yes the files are stereo, and i realize that they are seperate audio files, it was just a little too coincedental that the only corruption was on right channel audio...my project is about 2.5 terabytes large, so this stuff is making me panic....in addition, when i deleted what was deemed to be "corrupt" media, i was unable to batch digitize the master clip..it kept kicking out saying batch dig complete, even with digitize only media that is offline disabled...

i have worked around the problem so far, but i would like to toss around any ideas or suggestions

• Mon, Oct 10 2016 5:07 AM In reply to

• cozzie
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, May 23 2012
    • Posts 5
    • Points 35

This drove me nuts until I checked the box in export options to mixdown audio tracks.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller