Latest post Fri, Jan 4 2019 8:30 PM by Pat Horridge. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jan 4 2019 2:49 PM

• alexdetig
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jan 15 2014
    • Posts 32
    • Points 405

ATTENTION!!! MAYBE A HUGE ISSUE WITH APPLE ICLOUD SERVICE

Storing the project data in the documents folder connected to the Apple iCloud Service may cause a lost of your bin data.

After getting an error message in version 2018.12 I lost some bin data in my project.

It seems that the new automatic safe feature have some real problems when the Avid projects folder is synched with iCloud.

Restoring from the Attic doesn't solved the probelm, because the data were deleted after synching with the cloud again.

My workaround:

Backuped all data to a local drive. Stopped iCloud service for the document folder. Than copiing the data back to the local drive.

Hope this issue will be solved very soon. This could be a catastrophe for your projects

• Fri, Jan 4 2019 3:34 PM In reply to

• Adman
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Atlanta Georgia, USA
    • Posts 5,329
    • Points 60,175
    • BlogAuthor
      Moderator: Avid Free DV
      Moderator: Avid Xpress DV PC
      Moderator: Avid Xpress Studio
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: ATTENTION!!! MAYBE A HUGE ISSUE WITH APPLE ICLOUD SERVICE

Please do not use ALL CAPS. it is against the forum guidelines.

-- Adman, Forum Moderator

Mac Pro. QHD Ultra wide, thunderbolt LG monitor, MC Ultimate 2018.10.0. Pro Tools 11 HD (Mbox 3 Pro), iPad Pro 12.9". 17" Macbook Pro i7. Dell... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jan 4 2019 8:30 PM In reply to

Re: ATTENTION!!! MAYBE A HUGE ISSUE WITH APPLE ICLOUD SERVICE

I never reccomend saving live Avid Projects onto a replicated folder.

Let Avid do its own local saves and the attic. Twice daily quit the project and back it up externally (and that can be to a cloud based service)

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller