Latest post Fri, Jan 4 2019 11:09 PM by Alayne Holmes. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jan 4 2019 9:22 AM

cannot import photoshop png file into MC

Hello everybody. I'm trying to import a png title which i've made in photoshop CC into avid media composer 8.4. 

then it says: 'the file name or patch cannot be processed correctely because they do not match the current system language. Please rename or move the file too contain caracters only in the current language.'

And it will not open. When I use 'file'  'open bin' it does open, but then I don't get the alpha channel i'm looking for. 

The title is made on a mac and avid is on a pc. I've tried different versions of photoshop but they all do not work. 

Any ideas?  Thanks allready.  Bart from Holland 

dell precision M6700, 16 GB Ram, intel 17-3740 QM CPU 2.70 GHZ Media composer 8.3, windows 7 professional [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: , ,
  • Fri, Jan 4 2019 11:09 PM In reply to

Re: cannot import photoshop png file into MC

Bart Coenders:
    file name or patch cannot be processed correctely because they do not match the current system language.
    Your isssue could be characters acceptable in Mac File naming may not work with a PC.

Duplicate the title file and rename the duplicate to have a simple file name (using letters between A and Z). Test using something like abcde.png.  Try to import the new name duplicate.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller