Latest post Fri, Jan 4 2019 1:07 AM by jrdows. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Dec 29 2018 11:46 PM

• jrdows
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 1 2018
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Importing Bins / Project Creation

Hi there

I'm new to Avid and getting my head around it. 

I'm doing just a little assisting on a feature. Another assistant interstate is organising rushes, synching etc (working in Avid) and then sending to me to copy to the Editor's machine before they start work.

As the shoot goes on, I'll likely bring further synced rushes / selects into the Editor's project, among other tasks.

Does anyone know of a likely workflow / what I should expect for above for Avid? What's best practice - ie importing bins? Any pitfalls?

Thanks

• Mon, Dec 31 2018 7:50 AM In reply to

• Leo Baker
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 5 2011
    • London
    • Posts 311
    • Points 3,810

Re: Importing Bins / Project Creation

Done this for years and all works perfect never had any pitfalls as with Avid it just works! That's what you buying into stability and simple sharing of bins which I love! In Adobe Premiere lots of xml sequence exports you can't simple just send a bin of changes and add to a project.

Hope that helps. 

Leo

Avid Media Composer 2018.12 Pro Tools 12.7 OSX Sierra 10.12.6 Computer: HP Z800 DUAL QUAD XEON X5667 3.07GHZ 96GB 2TB Caldigit HDONE Media 1TB SSD Graphics... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Dec 31 2018 7:54 AM In reply to

• Leo Baker
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 5 2011
    • London
    • Posts 311
    • Points 3,810

So in Avid Project folder on your Mac/Pc you'll see a folder which you'll share with the other person. You'll see all your bins so of the bin and sequence of changes is caled say Dec 31st edit you can email that bin only. In the Avid Project folder on your hard drive you'll see this Dec 31st bin. Email it to the person and they'll simply drag then bin into the Avid Project folder on their hard drive and then all ready to go.

Avid Media Composer 2018.12 Pro Tools 12.7 OSX Sierra 10.12.6 Computer: HP Z800 DUAL QUAD XEON X5667 3.07GHZ 96GB 2TB Caldigit HDONE Media 1TB SSD Graphics... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jan 4 2019 1:07 AM In reply to

• jrdows
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 1 2018
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Thank you!

Just doing a dummy test at home, I notice that I'm not seeing bins in the Avid Project folder - only a Search file.

I am seeing bins inside the Avid Attic. Have I set up something incorrectly in the dummy project infrastructure?

Any help gratefully appreciated.

J

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller