Latest post Tue, Dec 25 2018 10:12 PM by jef. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Dec 20 2018 11:37 PM

• ronnysingh
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Dec 20 2018
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Avid not indexing certain MediaFiles folders.!!

Hi all. I’m currently working on a job that’s gone back and for between ISIS servers and local drives between three different shops now. I had an issue when I moved onto the second shop’s ISIS where MC would not scan the 1 folder that it had been generating files to on the local drive, and was able to fix that by doing the old “rename the 1 folder to match the ISIS folder naming conventions.” Once I did that, Avid rescanned that folder and the media came back online. I’m now having the reverse problem - some media that was generated while at that shop is not being scanned by Avid on the project that has since moved back onto the local drive, and then onto the server at the third shop (sorry this is so confusing.)

It’s only one folder out of the multiple that were generated at that second shop that’s not working. I tried both deleting the database and renaming the offending folder to match the ISIS naming conventions at this third shop, which was what worked the first time (IE: Changed the name from Shop2Mac.1 to Shop3Mac.2) and that didn’t work either. Are there any other ways I can force Avid to rescan this particular folder?

• Tue, Dec 25 2018 2:18 PM In reply to

Re: Avid not indexing certain MediaFiles folders.!!

Hi, when you create media in ISIS, the convention name folder has to do with the computer hostname that has created it.

These names "Shop2Mac.1", "Shop3Mac.2" are machines hostnames?

Keep that in mind, for instance having "mac01" has a hostname, put the media into "mac01.1", and the machine itself mac01 will recreate the database for those media files. Only that machine!

HPH. Let me know if it worked please, thanks.

Regards.

Diego

* Avid Media Composer 8.6.5 * MacBook Pro 8,3

• Tue, Dec 25 2018 10:12 PM In reply to

• jef
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 26 2006
    • Maryland
    • Posts 3,305
    • Points 40,020

Re: Avid not indexing certain MediaFiles folders.!!

Good call on Diego's part.  Often overlooked whe you are using shared storage.

Jef

Avid DS 11.0.2 R.I.P | MC "Well, it depends ..." mostly 8.10.0 but playing w 2018.11| OS 10.11.x - various MacPro Towers - home system MacPro... [view my complete system specs]

Jef Huey

Senior Editor

Old Stuff  http://vimeo.com/album/3037796

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller