Latest post Mon, Dec 17 2018 4:03 PM by Adrian Redmond. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Dec 17 2018 4:03 PM

• Adrian Redmond
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, May 28 2014
    • Channel 6 Television Denmark
    • Posts 94
    • Points 1,255

Artist Color IP address setting

Just in case others are having a similar problem, I'll share the following info with you...

The Artist Color manual says the following about setting IP address -

"To set a static IP address:
    1 While holding down the left-most two Soft Keys simultaneously, press and release the POWER switch. Continue to hold the Soft
    Keys down until the display lights.
    2 Turn the Left or Right Trackwheels clockwise to change the underlined value from yes (default) to no."

On my Color panel this does not work - by trial and error I discovered that the correct buttons to invoke the IP address settings are the PAGE LEFT / PAGE RIGHT keys, which according to the Color manual (page 12) are called PAGE KEYS (6) and NOT SOFT KEYS (4).

Similarly, the trackwheels do not alter values, but the Soft Knob under the DHCP display does, and pressing it also invokes the NEXT parameter/page command (Pess soft knob to page between parameters or pages).

Pressing both PAGE keys saves the settings.

I am sure that when I first configured my panels the manual was correct, but maybe a firmware change in the past few years has moved these commands without the manual being updated?

My Artist Transport & Mix panels comply with the manual instructions for setting IP address. :)

Avid Media Composer v. 8.5.3. with Symphony Option on HP Z820 Dual Intel E5-2640 6-core HT 2.5GHz CPU 32GB RAM NVidia Quadro K4000 Graphics on Win7x64... [view my complete system specs]

Adrian Redmond
    Owner / Producer / Editor
    Channel 6 Television Denmark

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller