Latest post Tue, Jan 1 2019 5:36 PM by Pat Horridge. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Dec 14 2018 9:34 PM

• jef
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 26 2006
    • Maryland
    • Posts 3,338
    • Points 40,375

Insert Edit Export - Real world reviews?

I have been experimenting with this tool for multiple versions.  I really want it to work. But I have yet been able to get a solid, repeatable success.  Just started experimenting with 2018.11 and it was a total bust.

I have worked with Support off and on trying to get to the bottom of my issues with it.  There are just a host of issues which keep changing.

What about others?  Is any one using this successfully in the real world?

Please chime in.

Jef

Avid DS 11.0.2 R.I.P | MC "Well, it depends ..." mostly 8.10.0 but playing w 2018.11| OS 10.11.x - various MacPro Towers - home system MacPro... [view my complete system specs]

Jef Huey

Senior Editor

Old Stuff  http://vimeo.com/album/3037796

• Tue, Jan 1 2019 3:48 AM In reply to

• jef
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Maryland
    • Posts 3,338
    • Points 40,375

Re: Insert Edit Export - Real world reviews?

Bump?

This is interesting.  Is NO ONE using the file based Insert Edit Export?

If so - why?  Do people just not understand the concept?

I am truly confused here.

Jef

Avid DS 11.0.2 R.I.P | MC "Well, it depends ..." mostly 8.10.0 but playing w 2018.11| OS 10.11.x - various MacPro Towers - home system MacPro... [view my complete system specs]

Jef Huey

Senior Editor

• Tue, Jan 1 2019 1:13 PM In reply to

Most Post Hpuses and Broadcasters in the UK have gone the Cinextools route for doing file inserts into AS-11 files and ProRes exports. Its a subscription paid service but it works well. Avid doesn't offer that with AS-11 exports so the current MC implementation sees little use in the UK (and therfore little testing or feedback)

Now if Avid stepped it up to AS-11 exports it would be a show stopper...

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Tue, Jan 1 2019 5:09 PM In reply to

• jef
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Maryland
    • Posts 3,338
    • Points 40,375

Pat Horridge:

Most Post Hpuses and Broadcasters in the UK have gone the Cinextools route for doing file inserts into AS-11 files and ProRes exports. Its a subscription paid service but it works well. Avid doesn't offer that with AS-11 exports so the current MC implementation sees little use in the UK (and therfore little testing or feedback)

Now if Avid stepped it up to AS-11 exports it would be a show stopper...

That is interesting.  My test of Cinextools was interesting, but not convincing.  But as they were the first on the market it makes sense.

And given the real handcuffs ProRes presents to any tool such as this, I can see why people are not all over this kind of tool.

But the AS-11 comment is interesting.  The US does not seem to be embracing that yet (at least from my view of the world).  It does feel as if Avid is taking a slow approach to getting to that point.  And I can totally understand that.

I would just like to see folks kicking the tires of Avid's tools to that development continues and it improves.

Jef

Jef Huey

Senior Editor

• Tue, Jan 1 2019 5:36 PM In reply to

To insert (using Cinextools) to ProRes you have to add an addon that forces MC to create constant datarate ProRes exports, You can't insert into a variable datatrate file. 

Cinextools had some issues early on but I know of a number of operations who now use it as a key part of their delivery.

AS-ii is really big in the UK and its a starting to creep into Europe.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller