Latest post Tue, Dec 18 2018 2:25 PM by Dan_B. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Dec 14 2018 1:43 PM

• Adrian Redmond
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, May 28 2014
    • Channel 6 Television Denmark
    • Posts 94
    • Points 1,255

Artist Color and Resolve

I have read here that Artist Color works much better with DaVinci Resolve than with MC, so I have just installed Resolve 15 and have set the default control panel to Artist Color, but when I start Resolve and go to color mode, the Artist panel doesn't seem to react. EUcontrol is running.

Does anyone know the secret of how to set Artist color up with resolve?

thanks!

Avid Media Composer v. 8.5.3. with Symphony Option on HP Z820 Dual Intel E5-2640 6-core HT 2.5GHz CPU 32GB RAM NVidia Quadro K4000 Graphics on Win7x64... [view my complete system specs]

Adrian Redmond
    Owner / Producer / Editor
    Channel 6 Television Denmark

• Fri, Dec 14 2018 3:59 PM In reply to

• Dan_B
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Nov 26 2013
    • Posts 146
    • Points 1,585

Re: Artist Color and Resolve

Hi,

there's a few things at play here.

Its worth checking that the OS can see your panel first - you can tell by seeing if its 'attached' in the EU Control software, also i think the top right button (looks like an eye to me) should call up the EU Control software too.

Make sure bonjour is installed and running - i've had an issue in the past with this.

I had an issue with V14.x where on a fresh windows install Resolve would not see the panel  - this could be the same issue that you have.

Have you run any previous versions of Resolve on this machine? Even if you've uninstalled it this could be the crucial bit of info.

• Fri, Dec 14 2018 10:24 PM In reply to

How is the panel connected to your computer?  If it is a direct ether net cable between the panel and computer you need a crossover ethernet cable. If going through a ethernet hub a standard ethernet cable is required.  Just because the computer sees there is an ethernet connection is does not follow that the connection is correct for data flow.

Is your computer on a network?  I have found the Artist colour is happier when I set fixed IP address rather than letting the panels default DCHP set the IP address.

Does the EuControl show as having your computer has control of the Artist colour? On a network it is possible for another machine to grab control if it is started when your machine is off. If so you need to de attach that computer through the EuControl.

• Sat, Dec 15 2018 4:21 PM In reply to

• Adrian Redmond
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, May 28 2014
    • Channel 6 Television Denmark
    • Posts 94
    • Points 1,255

The color panel, along with mix & transport panels, is connected to a dedicated router, which also has conenction to a dedicated NIC on the workstation - all with IP addresses totally separate from other networks and devices in our studio. Network connectivity for Artist panels is OK, and they do respond (though somewhat sluggishly) to Media Composer. I found thta when starting Resolve, after running Avid, it is sometimes necessary to power the color panel off and on again, before it can see resolve. Now I have to adjust the trackball/wheel sensitivities - and also the soft knows, though I can't see how to adjust the sensitivities of these :)

Avid Media Composer v. 8.5.3. with Symphony Option on HP Z820 Dual Intel E5-2640 6-core HT 2.5GHz CPU 32GB RAM NVidia Quadro K4000 Graphics on Win7x64... [view my complete system specs]

Adrian Redmond
    Owner / Producer / Editor
    Channel 6 Television Denmark

• Sun, Dec 16 2018 6:19 AM In reply to

Adrian Redmond:
    it is sometimes necessary to power the color panel off and on again, before it can see resolve.
    Have not had this with several years of Artist Color (only) MC and Resolve co-installed on Windows machines. I do not have MC and Resolve open at the same time when working. Both seem to work when they are each open but having no need for them both open together I tread a cautious approach.

Adrian Redmond:
    Now I have to adjust the trackball/wheel sensitivities - and also the soft knows, though I can't see how to adjust the sensitivities of these :)
      In Resolve Go To Preferences then down to Control Panels.

• Mon, Dec 17 2018 9:06 PM In reply to

Adrian Redmond:
    ow I have to adjust the trackball/wheel sensitivities - and also the soft knows, though I can't see how to adjust the sensitivities of these :)
    In Resolve it is under Preferences Control Panels

• Tue, Dec 18 2018 2:25 PM In reply to

• Dan_B
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Nov 26 2013
    • Posts 146
    • Points 1,585

Our panel is directly connected to the PC with a straight (non-crossover) ethernet cable and works fine, i might drop Euphonix an email to see if there's a performance hit. I'm surprised it works if a crossover cable is meant to be required.

Typically i can't email euphonix directly but i just read that pre 2002 Macs require cross over cable and newer ones don't so could just be that (even though ours is a PC).

Dan

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller