Latest post Wed, Dec 12 2018 8:34 PM by Adrian Redmond. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Dec 12 2018 4:19 PM

• Adrian Redmond
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, May 28 2014
    • Channel 6 Television Denmark
    • Posts 94
    • Points 1,255

auto titling dailies

I'm running some productions where I am cooperating with editorial partners who are some way away and are not always in the edit suite with me. Therfore I have adopted the practice, when logging and capturing, of throwing all the interview clips for a given tape or interview up on to a timeline, so that I can export it and list it as private on YouTube, so that my partners can follow the progress and come with input.

To these exports I add a burnt-in timecode effect so that we can have some reference when discussing the content.

In fact this timeline, or the exported file, is also useful for me when pre-editing and writing the edit script - often sitting elswhere without access to Avid.

But it has one drawback - whilst the TC window shows me the timecode of the source tape, it doesn't show me the clip name - and as typical interviews are logged as several clips, this information would be useful.

So my question...

Is there a way, without formatting individual graphics captions for each clip on a separate track, of getting avid to superimpose a caption with th clip number of the respective clip that is currently on V1 - along with the timcode burn-in?

Has anyone tried anything like this?

Avid Media Composer v. 8.5.3. with Symphony Option on HP Z820 Dual Intel E5-2640 6-core HT 2.5GHz CPU 32GB RAM NVidia Quadro K4000 Graphics on Win7x64... [view my complete system specs]

Adrian Redmond
    Owner / Producer / Editor
    Channel 6 Television Denmark

• Wed, Dec 12 2018 4:33 PM In reply to

Re: auto titling dailies

Sure. You can display any bin column using the Generator, and one instance of the TC Burnin Generator can generate four data boxes you can assigne individually (plus another manual text box). Depending on how you label your clips in the bin, you can either select Tape or Source File, or Clip Name, or any other column that would help you track the clip.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Dec 12 2018 8:34 PM In reply to

• Adrian Redmond
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, May 28 2014
    • Channel 6 Television Denmark
    • Posts 94
    • Points 1,255

Re: auto titling dailies

Thanks Job for the tip - I have just set it up and it was realy easy - I should have discovered that before :)

Avid Media Composer v. 8.5.3. with Symphony Option on HP Z820 Dual Intel E5-2640 6-core HT 2.5GHz CPU 32GB RAM NVidia Quadro K4000 Graphics on Win7x64... [view my complete system specs]

Adrian Redmond
    Owner / Producer / Editor
    Channel 6 Television Denmark

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller