Latest post Sat, Dec 8 2018 8:33 PM by JibbelSandwich. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Dec 8 2018 8:33 PM

Groups Match Framing To Offline Media After Consolidating

So, I'm assisting for a film right now and my workflow has been, AMA linking, giving tape names based on date and camera card, and then transcoding DNX36 proxies. I then make subclips for Scenes and Takes, and if it is a multcam, I'll group the subclips. This has been showing no problems until I had to consolidate some takes onto another drive for the network. 

I consolidated the groups and sublciips instead of the masterclips which I did not know would give me the biggest headache. I didn't know everything went wonky until I match framed from one of the groups in the sequence. It says it is offline in the source monitor even though it is online on the timeline. I'll also open up the bin where the group is and everthing is online and the reference clips point to the correct drive. If I matchframe with the bin open, then the groups in the bin will go offline and show reference clips pointing to the consolidated drive. You would think a simple fix would be just to relink, but when I consolidated from the subciips and groups, some of the new master clips became different lengths than the original master clips. So, the ones that are the same length relink fine but i don't know how to get avid to look at the correct master clips for the groups. 

Also, if I select all relative media for the sequence with the reference clips showing, it selects all fo the correct media which is why it doesn't show offline in the timeline. All of the new consoldiated clips are showing as reference clips but none get selected.

My only option right now after searchign and searching is to overcut, but even htat will be difficult because I won't know which oens in the timeline are bad groups until I matchframe every single clip but when  Imatchframe it changes the group in the bin, so I'm pretty stuck.

Also using 2018.5

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller