Latest post Thu, Dec 6 2018 2:30 PM by camoscato. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Dec 6 2018 1:38 PM

• Adrian Redmond
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, May 28 2014
    • Channel 6 Television Denmark
    • Posts 55
    • Points 680

Editing audio clips in clip (source) viewer

Not wanting to bore everyone with my reminiscences of Liquid Silver and Chrome HD, I am wondering it if is possible in Media Composer to set up the source viewer so that when editing an audfio only clip, the video window of the viewer displays the audio waveform. This was a standard feature in Liquid and made the task of finding specific in and out points in music tracklsd and voiceovers or dialogue very easy.

Another funny thing with the Avid source viewer is that it seems that one cannot have both audio scrub and mouse wheel control of the source viewer at the same time, which seems a pity because the ability to scrub the audio using the mouse wheel is very useful.

Also curious is that when selecting a clip to view in the source viewer, using the mouse, the mouse wheel clip scoll function is not immediatly vailable, but must first be invoked using a keyboard shortcut, which sort of conflicts with the idea of shortcuts? Why not simply enable wheel-scroll in the viewer by default?

Avid Media Composer v. 8.5.3. with Symphony Option on HP Z820 Dual Intel E5-2640 6 core HT 2.5GHz CPU 32GB RAM NVidia Quadro K4000 Graphics External storage... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Dec 6 2018 2:30 PM In reply to

Re: Editing audio clips in clip (source) viewer

Adrian Redmond:
    I am wondering it if is possible in Media Composer to set up the source viewer so that when editing an audfio only clip, the video window of the viewer displays the audio waveform.

You can't see the source waveform in the source monitor, but you can see it in the source timeline. At the bottom left of the timeline window is a button that toggles the timeline display between the sequence and the clip in the source monitor. With the display showing the source clip's tracks you can turn timeline waveforms on.

I don't work with a mouse scroll wheel, so someone else will have to chime in on those questions.

Media Composer 2018.11 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller