Latest post Thu, Dec 6 2018 1:10 PM by JeremyKezer. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Dec 5 2018 12:53 PM

DNXIO Multiple HD SDI Streams

We are attempting to stream two different streams through HD SDI with one of our DNXIO's. I was wondering if anyone else has tried this before and how they achieved this.

• Wed, Dec 5 2018 12:58 PM In reply to

Re: DNXIO Multiple HD SDI Streams

Ollie,

I'm not sure I understand your question.  Are you trying to send out two separate streams of video through separate HD-SDI connectors, or are you trying to stream out the same video data as two streams of different formats through separate HD-SDI conhectors?  

Thanks,

Jeremy

• Wed, Dec 5 2018 1:57 PM In reply to

Hi Jeremy 

We are hoping to output two different streams from one DNXIO. Using HD SDI A for one stream and HD SDI B for another. We are trying to see if this is possible

• Wed, Dec 5 2018 2:35 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,948
    • Points 214,875
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Ollie

This is what I was told by dave in hardware test engineering.   There are 2 sets of 4 SDI outputs on the DNxIO.   

Top and bottom rows with 4 outputs labeled A, B C & D. The bottom connectors mirror the top connectors.

1.  In single SDI mode, there are 4 SDI outputs (A & B) sending UHD in 6G or 12G and 4 SDI outputs (C & D) with auto down convert sending down converted HD output.

2.  In Dual SDI mode, the A & B outputs make up the UHD signal and the C & D outputs are the down convert

3.  In Quad link mode, all 4 connectors make up the UHD signal (no down convert).  With top and bottom, you get 2 UHD signals.

With HD (not UHD), you only need single SDI mode so there is 8 outputs.   There is also a hardware option to enable HD to SD down convert.  That enables 2 outputs as SD on top and 2 more on bottom.  I think those are B & D connectors.

Not sure this helps but....

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Wed, Dec 5 2018 3:25 PM In reply to

No, this is not possible with the DNxIO.  it is designed to receive just a single stream of video from the computer host.  As Marianna noted, it can output that single stream across multiple connectors, and it can convert them to lower quality formats (e.g. HD and SD downconverted simultaneously).  To be able to output multiple streams you'd need a playout server like the Avid FastServe, which can output up to 8 discrete streams of video simultaneously.  

Thanks,

Jeremy

• Thu, Dec 6 2018 8:06 AM In reply to

• TrevorA
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London
    • Posts 1,069
    • Points 12,185

Could stereo 3D be two completely different streams (for left eye/right eye)?

• Thu, Dec 6 2018 11:23 AM In reply to

TrevorA:

Could stereo 3D be two completely different streams (for left eye/right eye)?

I thought that as well. Or make a UHD project and create a UHD timeline with PIP HD frames top left and top right and black in the two lower corners. Then strip off the HD quads from the outputs.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Thu, Dec 6 2018 1:10 PM In reply to

Very creative thought!  Yes, that might work.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller