Latest post Thu, Nov 29 2018 1:49 PM by RalphC. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Nov 28 2018 11:34 PM

• Gareth
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jun 15 2010
    • West Midlands, UK
    • Posts 8
    • Points 135

Avid email link to wrong licence upgrade - what are my options

I had an email recently from Avid to say there are some savings and to keep my plan active and to renew now.

My perpetual support plan is due for renewal on the 23rd of Jan 2019 but as the email said it was a special price and runs out next month I thought Id do it now.

So I make the purchase and go onto my application manager and see a new subscription for 'Avid Composer Ultimate' and is due to expire on the 24th of Novemnber 2019.

I don't even know what 'Ultimate' is so straight away get on the phone to support. After a while of digging she tells me that I have cross graded my perpetual licence. Of course that's not what I thought I was signing up for as have upgraded online for the last 4 years and the email says nothing about this ultimate package. She tells me Avid don't offer refunds but understands the error so will see what she can do.

This was at the weekend and I have not heard back and worried Ive lost £320 and the use of my perpetual licence?

• Thu, Nov 29 2018 1:49 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,731
    • Points 19,055
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Avid email link to wrong licence upgrade - what are my options

Hello Gareth,

Do you have a case number that I can check?

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller