Latest post Sat, Dec 1 2018 8:43 PM by Tom Pearson. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Nov 22 2018 3:27 PM

• dedale74
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 2 2018
    • Posts 0
    • Points 0

How to mix channels separately in stereo clips ?

Hello and thanks a lot for your help. I searched a long time and never found. 

I'm working with stereo clip with an mono output monitoring, because it's less mous clicking time. The left of my stereo clip is the HF microphone and the right the main microphone. The both are the mixdown of the sound recorder. But some time  I have to cut totaly one of the channels. But I don't want to split my stereo track in mono just for that, I have enought audio track for the movie.

So do you know how can I change the level of the right and left indepedentaly in a stereo clip ?

Have a good day and thanks again.

• Sun, Nov 25 2018 4:51 PM In reply to

• Tom Pearson
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 1 2007
    • Los Angeles CA / Minneapolis MN
    • Posts 2,134
    • Points 22,890

Re: How to mix channels separately in stereo clips ?

As I see it you are trying to use a stereo track as two tracks... I do not think this will work as a sterero track only has pan and stereo volume.  If you want to mix it as differient tracks you will need to split them into mono tracks and mix to your hearts delight. If you are short on tracks mix something down...

Mac Pro 3.5 gig 6 core 64 gig ram D700 radons with ssd os drive with a 20 tb raid, Artist Mix and Artist color Artist control [view my complete system specs]

Tom Pearson

Director/Writer Big Picture Films

Sound Designer/Sound Editor Hollywood Sounds

WWLD

• Wed, Nov 28 2018 8:16 PM In reply to

• dedale74
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 2 2018
    • Posts 0
    • Points 0

OK thanks for your reply.

I just tried to have less audio track, just because of click time consumming for some cuts and ripple editing. So it's look like I have to keep at minum two mono for that, so I will.

Thanks again Tom Pearson.

• Sat, Dec 1 2018 8:43 PM In reply to

• Tom Pearson
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 1 2007
    • Los Angeles CA / Minneapolis MN
    • Posts 2,134
    • Points 22,890

anytime

Mac Pro 3.5 gig 6 core 64 gig ram D700 radons with ssd os drive with a 20 tb raid, Artist Mix and Artist color Artist control [view my complete system specs]

Tom Pearson

Director/Writer Big Picture Films

Sound Designer/Sound Editor Hollywood Sounds

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller