Latest post Wed, Nov 7 2018 6:47 AM by luca.mg. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Nov 6 2018 2:29 AM

Effect Editor not displaying anything

Hello all, when trying to add simple motion to a still image in MC, I hit the effect editor button and the window pops up, but it does not display any clips or effects. What is happening? 

• Tue, Nov 6 2018 7:40 AM In reply to

Re: Effect Editor not displaying anything

If you want to edit a motion effect, you need to open the motion effect editor (it's under the Tools menu).

It might help to know what you're trying to accomplish, as you seem to have applied a freeze frame effect to a still image.

Media Composer 2018.9 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Wed, Nov 7 2018 6:47 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,413
    • Points 63,430

Re: Effect Editor not displaying anything

Hi abrownstein8087 and welcome to the forums. Not sure what You want to accomplish. That's the effect editor, if by simple motion You mean adjusting speed, as in a motion effect clip, You need to open the motion effect editor instead. If You want to move the still frame You have to apply an effect (resize, PnP, 3d warp) before opening the effect editor. Not in front of a system to double check right now, but You may need to ALT-drag the effect on top of a motion effect clip.

Symphony 2018.9, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller