Latest post Mon, Nov 5 2018 8:26 PM by Fish. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Nov 5 2018 8:26 PM

• Fish
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Oct 15 2005
    • Filet Post, Halifax NS
    • Posts 535
    • Points 6,480

Rotate source footage settings for Vertical video

Need the tiniest adjustment the source settings window.

We’re shooting vertical video and the result is all the footage is biased to assume that we want it 90 degrees off.

That should be ok because there are rotate footage buttons in the source adjustment window.

But when it rotates it, it crops it off(!) There’s no option to pull it back and even put black pillars on either side.

Ironically, the MC can be set up with tall composer windows to edit with. But there’s no way to tell the software the video should be displayed vertically - both in terms of thumbnails and a padded display in the output to a reference monitor.

It seems like the software’s code is just a tiny adjustment away from being able to display vertical properly.

Now, there may be some who say that vertical video is stupid. And I too prefer horizontal, but studies show that vertical video on social video can effect retention rates in social media by almost 20%. So I think, like it or not, it’s here to stay.

Perhaps Avid can help us properly embrace and deliver this perspective.

Thank you

><({(º>

2012 Westmere MacPro 2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon) 6 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024 MB As of Jan 2015 - OS X 10.9.5 (13F34) [view my complete system specs]

AVID man, AVID fan (since 1993 with version 4.5 - before multiple tracks!)...like to solve my own problems and I try not to bother anyone unless I'm really stumped.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller