Latest post Tue, Nov 6 2018 12:14 PM by Joni_P. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Nov 5 2018 12:06 PM

• Joni_P
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 1 2018
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Voice-over, no audio coming in

Hey,

I have a problem with recording audio.

Trying to capture voice-over but no signal from Decklink Studio 4k.

We have a newsroom with a dozen edits that are more or less identical configurations.

Another edit had same kind of problems but with that I had no audio output to speakers as well.

After multiple reinstalls of desktop video and all kind of configuration tweaking the speakers came to life when I clicked "use hifi audio levels" in Desktop Video control panel.

With this voice-over problem no such luck. I've tried downgrading the desktop video drivers.

I've tested the cables, the signal from the mic goes to mixer and on to the card but after that it stays mute.

The Only thing that pops up in the event logs with both machines is "Connected Devices Platform"-error but I can't figure out how that is supposed to be the culprit.

Does anybody have any insights to this?

Specs:

HP Z820 avid specifications

Blackmagic Decklink Studio 4k, driver version: 10.9.4

Win 10

Interplay and Nexis Client

Media Composer 2018.7

• Mon, Nov 5 2018 5:10 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,894
    • Points 214,145
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Voice-over, no audio coming in

Might be worth upgrading to BMD 

Desktop Video 10.11.4

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Tue, Nov 6 2018 5:14 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,413
    • Points 63,430

Hi Joni_P and welcome to the forums. You have to properly configure the sound default device(s) in the Windows Control Panel. Sure the signal is not coming in? Does the meter move? With non Avid I/O hardware the sound actually comes in, but I find it difficult to monitor. See if this helps http://community.avid.com/forums/t/185045.aspx

Symphony 2018.9, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Tue, Nov 6 2018 12:14 PM In reply to

• Joni_P
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 1 2018
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Hi luca,

found the solution.

God *** and horses *beep*, this thing has to go to the bin "I need a vacation".

I noticed few weeks ago that there was no video signal coming in and for some god knows what reason I thought that BM doesn't need it anymore for audio capture and continued to trouble shoot.

After reading your replies I understood my folly.

So thanks for the replies, they nudged my brain back on track and now that there's video, there's sound!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller