Latest post Thu, Nov 1 2018 1:37 PM by luca.mg. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Oct 29 2018 2:19 PM

Auto sync options for MC

I've got a short doc ready to edit and have lot's of unsynced video and audio clips that were recorded withouth a clapper or TC. Was planing on using PluralEyes but they stopped supporting MC. So how do I go about this now? No way am I doing all of this by hand, that would take me days.

Are there any other plugins, software that support Avid? Multi/group clips waveform analysis is out of the question as I don't know what goes where...

Tnx!

• Mon, Oct 29 2018 4:35 PM In reply to

Re: Auto sync options for MC

Anybody tried Entangle for Avid? The website is a bit scetchy and you need to enter your credit card info before you can even download the trial...

• Tue, Oct 30 2018 11:52 AM In reply to

• Tue, Oct 30 2018 2:48 PM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,527
    • Points 45,365
    • Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

This is built into MC now. Select the clips you want to sync (so an audio clip and the corresponding video clip), right-click and choose AutoSync. If you have matching timecode in both clips, use that. If you don't, choose Waveform Analysis.

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 32Gb, NVidia GTX 970 4GB, Win 10 Pro, MC(generally the latest or the one just before), MC 7.x [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

• Tue, Oct 30 2018 4:24 PM In reply to

DStone:

This is built into MC now. Select the clips you want to sync (so an audio clip and the corresponding video clip), right-click and choose AutoSync. If you have matching timecode in both clips, use that. If you don't, choose Waveform Analysis.

No, don't want to use that. I wrote in the OP that I don't know which files belong together. I need something that will sync files across the board - just as PluralEyes does.

• Tue, Oct 30 2018 4:58 PM In reply to

Sanjin Švajger:
    No, don't want to use that.

Are you committed to using Avid? Perhaps you could roll back to when PluralEyes was working, if that’s your preferred software.

Or please explain why exactly you don’t want to use Waveform Grouping... too many un-specified clips? Maybe there’s a workflow for that.

Did you try the software you mentioned? 

Can you use Adobe Premiere to sync your stuff there and then  get that info back into MC?

good luck. 

Windows7 Pro; HP 820z, 16GB ram; Composer Nitris DX, Squeeze v8.5 Pro _____ Windows10 Pro x64 Dell XPS 8930 Special Edition Tower i7-8700 3.2 Ghz; 32GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Oct 30 2018 5:15 PM In reply to

Telegram!:

Or please explain why exactly you don’t want to use Waveform Grouping... too many un-specified clips? Maybe there’s a workflow for that.

I'm literary saying this the 3rd time: I do not know which clips go together :)

Exporting AFFs from PP to MC is mostly a no-go.

And no, I'am not switching to PP. Maybe when my MC license runs out in january...

The  thing is that PluralEyes 3.5 is quite old now, I think something in the ball park of 4 years. V4 works better, faster...

• Tue, Oct 30 2018 5:40 PM In reply to

With Avid finally adding the waveform sync Pluraleyes seemed to give up on the Avid support.

Shame as it was a far more powerful tool for that particular task.

I know of no other toll that can do what you want and get it into MC in a sensible manner so if MC is the toll you need to use then its just not suitable for this particular job.

Personally presented with a mess of sources as you have been I'd have said no. No clappers or organisation? no way.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Tue, Oct 30 2018 5:52 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,079
    • Points 216,495
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Sanjin,

We talked to Red Giant at NAB I believe (and/or a separate call) and they are working with us again.

Not sure about PluralEyes specifically, but this is on their page:

https://nofilmschool.com/2017/11/red-giant-universe-expands-avid-media-composer

I can dig deeper if you like.

Marianna 

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Tue, Oct 30 2018 5:54 PM In reply to

Sanjin Švajger:

Telegram!:

I'm literary saying this the 3rd time: I do not know which clips go together :)

Exporting AFFs from PP to MC is mostly a no-go.

And no, I'am not switching to PP. Maybe when my MC license runs out in january...

The  thing is that PluralEyes 3.5 is quite old now, I think something in the ball park of 4 years. V4 works better, faster...

Just to be clear, I can count!

If you had answered my question to you, above— I would have a better idea how to help you, I would have a better idea if you were merely whining or if you had a genuinely interesting problem worthy of discussion on how to fix.

I don’t want to guess, but no matter how many clips you have, there ought to be a way to use meta data to make the job of finding sync easier. But only you know what’s what.

How many unspecified clips? With or without matching timecide?  Did you actually try using Waveform grouping? Could you elaborate on your experience using it?  Had you ever used it successfully before?

Windows7 Pro; HP 820z, 16GB ram; Composer Nitris DX, Squeeze v8.5 Pro _____ Windows10 Pro x64 Dell XPS 8930 Special Edition Tower i7-8700 3.2 Ghz; 32GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Oct 30 2018 5:55 PM In reply to

• smrpix
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 5 2012
    • Posts 1,354
    • Points 16,655

Pluraleyes 3.5 works perfectly well for Avid.  True, it is not as fast as the new version.

You're in a less than ideal situation, but you have several viable options.

Resolve ->Avid, or Premiere->Resolve->Avid are other routes to consider as well.

• Tue, Oct 30 2018 6:09 PM In reply to

• Lukas Boeck
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 31 2015
    • Austria
    • Posts 467
    • Points 5,505

I'm not sure you have a terrible problem with plural eyes to begin with.

it doesnt matter if current version is supported or not.

if plural eyes finds video that is not supported it wont touch the video part of the clips.

it will however sync the audio parts.

shoving the video into place is annoying but fairly trivial.

i'm on plural eyes version 2, never updated because i like the uncluttered interface.

MC 8.4.4 Cusom bulid Supermicro X9SRL-F, 32 Gig Ram, 3ware 9750 6x6TB Seagate EC Drives, LSI 9207 + LTO-6, Mojo DX, Artist Color, Flanders CM240, GTX 1070... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Oct 30 2018 6:10 PM In reply to

Anybody tried Entangle for Avid?

• Thu, Nov 1 2018 1:37 PM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,491
    • Points 64,420

Isn't TOD TC an option to work out what is what and concurrent shots from other cameras?

Symphony 2018.9, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller