Latest post Fri, Oct 26 2018 6:02 PM by jray. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Oct 26 2018 6:02 PM

• jray
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 1 2011
    • Posts 59
    • Points 720

Mouse Button Assignments

I use a 6 button mouse, and over the years ended up assigning functions to the various buttons for quick use while editing. The best way I found to do this was using the mouse settings in Avid, because I can't always install a custom moust driver where I am working, the settings are consistent because they are in my user settings, and because it maps the exact function I want to the mouse button instead of a keyboard stroke that might cause me a problem when another app is in use. 

Recently I've been using newer versions of Avid, and I noticed that the mouse button mappings seem to have changed at some point. Avid only offers assignments up to Mouse Button 5, and it used to be that my 6th button simply did nothing. In the latest versions though what I would consider button 3 and button 4 do the same thing (where I used to have them mapped to 2 different fuctions), and button 6 is now button 5. This is driving me crazy, causing me to enable smart tools when I'm trying to swap source and record in the timeline!

Ideally I'd like to see Avid offer more mouse button assignments in the mouse settings, but failing that could we just go back to the mappings that were in use before?

Avid MC 10.2018 with Symphony, Mac Pro 2009, OS 10.12 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller