Latest post Sun, Oct 21 2018 9:39 PM by Paul Merrington. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Oct 19 2018 1:11 AM

Nexis Pro Media Packs

I am setting up 4 Nexis Pro system and am trying to bind the media packs to creat the Storage Groups. I have setup the systems with individual IP addresses and only have 1 system running Director.

The Engines and Storage Controllers are all displayed correctly, but the media pack for the other 3 systems come up the the status message "orphaned" and State "Unknown - orphaned"

What am I missing or doing wrong?

Many thanks

Paul

• Fri, Oct 19 2018 3:54 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,896
    • Points 214,175
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Nexis Pro Media Packs

Paul

Not sure what part of this you are at or did... but this is a great guide.  

https://www.avid.com/-/media/avid/files/products-pdf/avid-nexis-pro/avidnexispro_quickstart.pdf

Can you let me know after you scan it what part you may have ommitted or not so i can have a teh reach out.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Fri, Oct 19 2018 7:19 PM In reply to

You need to "bind" them to your file system. Then you will be able to create Storage Groups, then workspaces.

Sometimes the bind button is obscured. Scroll to the right.

MC 8.6.1, Windows 10, ASROCK X99M, Intel 5930K, Zotac GTX970, 32GB RAM, Transcend 512GB M.2 SSD & Dell U2713H. MBP 2012 Thunderbolt, OSX 10.10.5, MC... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Oct 21 2018 9:39 PM In reply to

Hi Marianna

Thanks for the link. hope you had a good weekend.

I have managed to get the Media packs all bound within the Director, so it's all looking good.

Thanks again

Paul

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller