Latest post Thu, Oct 4 2018 11:01 AM by Rich Laws. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Oct 3 2018 10:19 PM

• Rich Laws
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 17 2012
    • Posts 67
    • Points 635

AMT3 Compatibility with Legacy media question (source mob descriptor has more audio tracks than material package)

Hi,

I have been testing our implementation of a partial clip copy using AMT3/Media Processor (mediaprocessor-win-vc12-x64-4.4.18.10034 distribution) and have found that there seems to be an issue with legacy MXF media created by Avid Media Composer.   The same error can be reproduced with the sample FileToFile Copy example provided in the SDK distribution.   I am using AAF and MXF files created with Avid Media Composer 6.5.4b27050.   The essence info and media asset description works with no issues.   However the FileToFile copy (op-atom to op-atom) has an error:

The error thrown by the process is:

Asset to asset copy error: 5008, detail: ..\..\MediaProcessor\src\MediaProcessor\AAF\AAFCreatorUtilities.cpp, 922: essenceTrackTypeMapIt != physicalSlotIDToTrackIndexMap.end (): Found a PhysicalSourceMob essence track that is not being linked to by any of the FileSourceMob tracks.

I also found that this error occurs with older media created by our ingest product.   A change to the MXF and AAF creation (with our tools that create MXF and AAF) to make the audio track count in the physical source mob descriptor match that of the material package fixes this issue and allows processing.   Older Avid (and NLT ingest tool) media filled out the source mob descriptor with 16 audio tracks, regardless of the # of audio tracks in the clip.   This seems to be root cause of this error. Can you confirm that this is an issue that can be addressed or limitation?   Has anyone else encountered this?   Will there be restrictions for our mutual clients that they will not be able to use AMT3 based tools with older Avid (and possibly other vendor) op-atoms?  My concern obviously is millions of existing clip assets (Avid or other vendors) that will not work. I can provide other samples if needed BUT this is very easy to reproduce with Media Composer XDCAM import of an xdcam 50 clip.  For convenience, I placed mxf and an interplay exported AAF herE: ftp://ftp.nltek.com/NLTTEMP/Avid/AMT3Issues/MediaComposer6.5Files/ username/pw is nlt Please let me know if more details are needed.  I did not fill out the long error report yet but can if this post is not enough. Thanks! Rich
  • Thu, Oct 4 2018 10:01 AM In reply to

• andym
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jan 13 2011
    • Posts 102
    • Points 1,200
    • Avid Developer Moderator

Re: AMT3 Compatibility with Legacy media question (source mob descriptor has more audio tracks than material package)

Hi Rich,

please submit a self contained and executable demo project that makes your issue reproducible for our engineering teams. The AMT3 SDK includes an issue reporting template project as part of the demo software source code. 

• Thu, Oct 4 2018 11:01 AM In reply to

• Rich Laws
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 17 2012
    • Posts 67
    • Points 635

Re: AMT3 Compatibility with Legacy media question (source mob descriptor has more audio tracks than material package)

Hi Andy,

Thank you for replying to my post. My post was intended to be a question about the expectation of AMT3/MP working with older (5+ years) Avid created media than a report to act on.  Smile  Depending on the answer I was going to fill out the issue report.  

Nonetheless, I will prepare the issue reporting template today.  The project will just be the unmodified Visual Studio solution that is created with the distribution but I will send that with the media too.  The issue occurs with the sample code FileToFile demo.   Note - that we use VS2017 but the c++ project is set to the appropriate version for compatibility.  I don't think that makes a difference in this case because it works with no issues with recently created media.

Thanks again! I'll send the report shortly.  It should be easy to see this issue I hope.

Rich

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller