Latest post Tue, Sep 25 2018 9:27 PM by Marianna. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Sep 24 2018 8:45 PM

Media Composer TRASH BIN is gone!

AVID MC 2018.9.0

I just noticed that my TRASH BIN is nowhere to be found. When I delete "stuff" it's just GONE, no trash to go find it! There is an EMPTY trash folder at the finder level, but nothing in it. Any ideas?

If someone deleted the TRASH folder at the FINDER level, does AVID recreate it?

Thx,

Michael Buday

• Tue, Sep 25 2018 5:15 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,948
    • Points 214,865
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Media Composer TRASH BIN is gone!

Oy Vey

Choose Go to Folder from the Finder's Go menu and provide ~/.Trash as the path.

For the Trash on other drives, open them in the Finder and provide .Trashes/501 as the path; the number may vary, but will always be the same for a given Mac OS X user account.

After you use goto, you can go to File > Add to Sidebar and have "Trash" there. You can't get the icon though this way

Hi you doing Michael..... :)

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Tue, Sep 25 2018 8:06 PM In reply to

Hi Marianna,

Oy Vey? Now you're speaking my language . . I'm doing great, thanks. Working hard to meet our deadline to deliver LIFE·LOVE·DOGS by December. And thank you again BTW.

Re: your comment, does this restore the TRASH folder (when items are in it) within the AVID bin view? Michael
  • Tue, Sep 25 2018 9:27 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,948
    • Points 214,865
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Michael

Cant wait for it........  LIFE*LOVE*DOGS

You can just create a new empty bin and then delete it and the trash can should appear.

M

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller