Latest post Thu, Oct 4 2018 8:09 AM by Rinso Video. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Sep 24 2018 10:20 AM

MC 2018.9 Activation Failure

Running MC 2018.9 since issue but now when I try to open all I am getting is the activation panel 

"pls check and try again"

how can  one do that when it won't open anyway 

MC 2018.9 has worked fine up to now no I idea what has changed it's not that I havn't experienced it

been on Avid since V 4.xxxx

• Mon, Sep 24 2018 2:54 PM In reply to

Re: MC 2018.9 Activation Failure

Hi,

Do you use a dongle or software activation? If software activation, what does the Avid Application Manager say about your license?

Media Composer 2018.9 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Mon, Sep 24 2018 3:06 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,894
    • Points 214,145
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Rinso

Can you send me your system ID and MyAvid email address?

Email below

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Mon, Sep 24 2018 9:58 PM In reply to

Marianna:

Rinso

Email below

Marianna

Will do thank you 

• Sat, Sep 29 2018 4:21 AM In reply to

Rinso Video:

Marianna:

Rinso

Email below

Marianna

Will do thank you 

Sorry after10 years no longer capable of dealing with Avid server issues too many issues with that Application Manager .

• Sun, Sep 30 2018 9:36 AM In reply to

Rinso Video:

Rinso Video:

Marianna:

Rinso

Email below

Marianna

Will do thank you 

Sorry after10 years no longer capable of dealing with Avid server issues too many issues with that Application Manager .

To the best of my knowledge i followed the  advice removed MC.XXX and the App Manager re installed MC xxx and cannot get past the App Manager Activation Panel have posted a response to Marianna still in trouble with the App Manager ..

• Sun, Sep 30 2018 11:02 AM In reply to

If you go to my.avid.com and select "My Products and Subscriptions" under "My Products" what does it say about your MC license?

Media Composer 2018.9 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

• Sun, Sep 30 2018 1:15 PM In reply to

camoscato:

If you go to my.avid.com and select "My Products and Subscriptions" under "My Products" what does it say about your MC license?

Thanks as usual you no doubt noted we are communicating with Marianna advised to clear the files and re boot at this point as all-ready posted download ok from the download centre, install ok , stalled at the App Manager .

Marianna has the necessaries and no doubt will be back in due course I have an perpetual licence currently de-activated and a current or past download will not activate there are similar instances of this issue on this forum ie:- Application Manager Activation Failure , 

No doubt Marianna will get a handle on it in due course, always does, patience is the essence of success ,thanks again

• Sun, Sep 30 2018 1:22 PM In reply to

Rinso Video:

camoscato:

Thanks as usual you no doubt noted we are communicating with Marianna advised to clear the files and re boot at this point as all-ready posted download ok from the download centre, install ok , stalled at the App Manager .

Marianna has the necessaries and no doubt will be back in due course I have an perpetual licence currently de-activated and a current or past download will not activate there are similar instances of this issue on this forum ie:- Application Manager Activation Failure , 

No doubt Marianna will get a handle on it in due course, always does, patience is the essence of success ,thanks again

Sorry. I thought you were posting on here because you still needed help.

• Sun, Sep 30 2018 11:03 PM In reply to

Sorry. I thought you were posting on here because you still needed help

I posted here because of activation failure 

Marianna kindly responded by e-mail

i have used Media Composer since Version 4 

I have a Perpetual Licence

Media Composer will not activate

I posted here because I needed help

Media Composer will not activate ... 

I am posting here as I have no Editor for two weeks ... 

I have no resolution to the Activation Failure issues 

• Mon, Oct 1 2018 8:09 AM In reply to

I have no resolution to the Activation Failure issues 

Well I spent another whole day trying to get back on -  tried rollling back to previous versions can not connect to the activation servers I have two good machines here and the issue is with my account and activation .

Sorry. I thought you were posting on here because you still needed help   ..... ?

I have a Perpetual Licence and no resolution to the Activation Failure issues 

• Mon, Oct 1 2018 8:32 AM In reply to

Ok, but when I asked you a troubleshooting question, you replied:

Rinso Video:
    you no doubt noted we are communicating with Marianna
    Rinso Video:
    Marianna has the necessaries and no doubt will be back in due course
    Rinso Video:
    No doubt Marianna will get a handle on it in due course, always does, patience is the essence of success

I assumed that meant you wanted to wait for Marianna to get back to you via email.

Rinso Video:

I have a Perpetual Licence and no resolution to the Activation Failure issues 

Then you also have access to Avid Support. If you've been down for 2 weeks you should call them for immediate assistance.

• Mon, Oct 1 2018 10:39 AM In reply to

Then you also have access to Avid Support. If you've been down for 2 weeks you should call them for immediate assistance.

I appreciate your attention as always , We are in Australia and at this level. not commercial. mostly enthusiast there is no phone support there is possibly a number of issues here ,over time I have changed e-mail accounts passwords and upgraded etc etc .. I do know however I have no connection with the Activation Server . 

I posted here when I considered there may be a simple answer 

"I assumed that meant you wanted to wait for Marianna to get back to you via email."

That is correct we need to close off pls and wait for a response it is now an off line communication issue .

Regards

• Mon, Oct 1 2018 3:31 PM In reply to

Rinso Video:
    we need to close off pls and wait for a response it is now an off line communication issue

Ok, then I suggest that if you have not done so already, you email Marianna directly, and stop posting on this thread.

• Thu, Oct 4 2018 8:09 AM In reply to

and stop posting on this thread.

Yes it is time to move on 

in passing it was a good ten years

it is time to evaluate what will be 

most suitable for 2019 now that 

in retirement etc etc ..

Regards 

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller