Latest post Thu, Sep 27 2018 9:50 AM by Vinne. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Sep 24 2018 8:51 AM

• mkj
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Sweden
    • Posts 402
    • Points 5,270

Have a project that needs to be started in Adobe Premiere...

...and later be finished in Avid. (yes, sounds stupid, but dont ask me why, its political...)

Possible? 

Happy if someone can share a workflow guide for this, what to think of etc..

• Mon, Sep 24 2018 9:48 AM In reply to

• Bruno M
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 11 2010
    • London, UK
    • Posts 566
    • Points 7,250

Re: Have a project that needs to be started in Adobe Premiere...

From the Adobe website's help pages...

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/exporting-projects-applications.html

HP Z800, HP G3 Studio, SonnetFusion RAID, Mojo DX, Symphony 2018.9, JVC DTV1910 HD tube monitor, HP Dreamcolor, Avid Artist Color [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Sep 24 2018 10:22 AM In reply to

Loads and loads of posts all over the web of the issues this raises. 

Most Post houses now gear up to finish in whatever you start with.

The xecption would be to finsih in Resolve and Resolve can be used as a bridge to MC but to be honest its a lot of work and risk. I'd avoid it.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Mon, Sep 24 2018 12:12 PM In reply to

I recently finished a 10 minute film started in PP.

After many days of frustration in which some of the clips, just those from an Arri, manged to relink, (but not the audio,)  I gave up and manually reconstructed the timeline.

This took less time than the attempt to relink the media.

I feel your impending pain.

Symphony 7.06 OS 10.9.5 QT 7.6.3 Mac Pro 2x2.66 6-core 32GB Ram Aja Kona Lhi. MC 7.0.6 OS 10.9.5 Mac Pro 5.1 2x2.97 6-core 32GB ram Aja I/O express, Apple... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Sep 24 2018 12:30 PM In reply to

• mkj
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Sweden
    • Posts 402
    • Points 5,270

is it also hard to make audio mix in Pro Tools and grade in Symphony with a PP project?

• Mon, Sep 24 2018 2:07 PM In reply to

• ck123
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 17 2013
    • Posts 132
    • Points 1,665

David Yardley:

I recently finished a 10 minute film started in PP.

After many days of frustration in which some of the clips, just those from an Arri, manged to relink, (but not the audio,)  I gave up and manually reconstructed the timeline.

This took less time than the attempt to relink the media.

I feel your impending pain.

This!!

Every Premiere project we've had to convert to Avid was done by manually linking and recutting the sequence. Have never gotten an AAF transfer to work succefully. Not even for a less than 10 minute reel. Adobe has/had the knowledge-base to make this work so I feel the reason it doesn't work is because they don't want it to work.

HP Z400, z220, and z420 workstations with 8GB of RAM and nVidia Quadro 2000 graphics cards. Windows 7 64-bit SP1. ISIS 5000 4.2. [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Sep 27 2018 9:50 AM In reply to

• Vinne
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Aug 26 2006
    • Berlin, Germany
    • Posts 83
    • Points 1,175

I edited a film last year were I received a first assembly by my assistant editor that was done on Premiere on the set and then I transfered that to Avid.  Took me about a week for the 90 minutes rough cut but it worked.  The main thing I remember was assigning tape names to the proxies (I used 1 tape for 1 shooting day) and then lots of relinking by hand.  It worked and in the end I had the entire project in Avid and there were no issues with the post house that finished the film with online, color grading and sound design.  But it took a week.

2 x HP z400, 3.2 GHz, 12GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro 2000, MC 7.0.3, Matrox MXO2 MAX mini, LaCie RAID 2TB eSata, Win7 64 Bit SP1 HP xw8400, 2.66 GHz, 4GB RAM... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller