Latest post Tue, Sep 25 2018 3:10 PM by RalphC. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Sep 21 2018 6:32 AM

• mkj
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Sweden
    • Posts 369
    • Points 4,860

Warning, do not use monthly subscritption in a project that has short deadlines...

working on a reality project with no time for stop.

We have 15 Avid MC's with monthly subscr. Yesterday when it was time for automatic renewal the card holder blocked the card because fo "unusual behavior"

-so some of our Avid's hade some downtime because of that...

Avid; if a renewal fails, you should let the license work for 2 days so your customer have time to fix the problem!

• Fri, Sep 21 2018 8:31 AM In reply to

Re: Warning, do not use monthly subscritption in a project that has short deadlines...

Thats a real pain. I always like to have the trial option still available on the systems so you can fall back on that and a dongle or two at hand. Licensing issues are normally dealt with swiftly by support and I'm surprised you were left hanging.

That said I've only ever donen yearly subscription and renewed ahead of time to be safe (the actual renewal is just addedon to the end of the current period so no time is lost)

I guess this is more an issue with the tighter banking requirements and it is of course possible to pre warn the credit card company of the expected transaction.

But still a pain

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Fri, Sep 21 2018 1:29 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,663
    • Points 18,275
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Warning, do not use monthly subscritption in a project that has short deadlines...

Hi mkj,

I understand that must have been frustrating for you, have you tried to reach out to support ie email, phone? I myself will usually give temp codes especially in times like this, I'm surprised if support doesn't, can you pm or email me the case number or if by phone name of support person that you talked too. You can always reach out to me or Marianna via email, Facebook message. I'm standing by if you need temp codes.

Thanks,

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Sep 21 2018 1:47 PM In reply to

Being the lead engineer in a post rental and color facility I understand your pain. However, we have to deal with this with other software companies also. It is on my company to make sure these things don't happen.

With that said, the lack of grace period, less versatility, and requiring internet are all reasons we prefer dongle.

MC 8.6.1, Windows 10, ASROCK X99M, Intel 5930K, Zotac GTX970, 32GB RAM, Transcend 512GB M.2 SSD & Dell U2713H. MBP 2012 Thunderbolt, OSX 10.10.5, MC... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Sep 21 2018 2:39 PM In reply to

• mkj
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Sweden
    • Posts 369
    • Points 4,860

RalphC:

Hi mkj,

I understand that must have been frustrating for you, have you tried to reach out to support ie email, phone? I myself will usually give temp codes especially in times like this, I'm surprised if support doesn't, can you pm or email me the case number or if by phone name of support person that you talked too. You can always reach out to me or Marianna via email, Facebook message. I'm standing by if you need temp codes.

Thanks,

RalphC

Hi, this time I was lucky, so we managed this situation, our bank locked up our card fast. (and my swedish Avid-contact where on his way to fix temp-codes)

But think its dangerous to have this renewal thing in a production like this (we working 24/7), so to next year I hope its possible to buy 2 month at once. Normally we use ordinary 1 year licenses, but in this case, we only need them for this production, is good to just pay for 2 month...

• Tue, Sep 25 2018 3:10 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,663
    • Points 18,275
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

mkj:
    But think its dangerous to have this renewal thing in a production like this (we working 24/7), so to next year I hope its possible to buy 2 month at once.

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll pass your feedback  to the Product Management.

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller