Latest post Mon, Sep 24 2018 8:51 PM by Steve Kistner. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Sep 20 2018 10:37 PM

• Kiel J. Hunt
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 14 2011
    • Los Angeles, CA.
    • Posts 14
    • Points 120

Artist DNxIQ playing media in slow motion

The issue is that during playback using the DNxIQ we exhibit media playing in slow motion, when playing back clips/sequences or using trim mode.  Dis-engaging the DNxIO will rid the avid of this issue, but as soon as you re-engage the DNxIO the issue comes back.  Here are the steps to reproduce:

Being in trim mode, entering a frame offset and then hitting enter followed as quickly as possible with the space bar.  It seems to have to do with trying to update the poster frame in then bin - if you use the << >> or < > keys to adjust the trim instead of the keypad then quickly hit space, it doesn't do the blinking thing in the bin and it never exhibits the problem behaviour. 

My team and I found that the issue only seems to present itself when the clip or sequence being viewed is in "Frame View" and changing that view to "Text View" eliminates the issue.  Has anyone else experienced this?  See Video in this link:   https://youtu.be/2aXHgpPUdJE

Kiel J. Hunt SPECS:  12-core Ivy Bridge Mac Pro, 64GB RAM, Artist DNxIQ, Avid Video Desktop 10.9.8, Media Composer 2018.5, MAC OSX 10.12.6, Isis 4.7.11 (Using Nexis Client Manager 7.11)
    Filed under: , ,
  • Mon, Sep 24 2018 4:07 PM In reply to

Re: Artist DNxIQ playing media in slow motion

We are seeing this as well on our first dnxiq box (building today).  

Any one else see this?

Steve Kistner | CBS Sports

• Mon, Sep 24 2018 6:46 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,018
    • Points 215,715
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Kiel J. Hunt:

The issue is that during playback using the DNxIQ we exhibit media playing in slow motion, when playing back clips/sequences or using trim mode.  Dis-engaging the DNxIO will rid the avid of this issue, but as soon as you re-engage the DNxIO the issue comes back.  Here are the steps to reproduce:

Being in trim mode, entering a frame offset and then hitting enter followed as quickly as possible with the space bar.  It seems to have to do with trying to update the poster frame in then bin - if you use the << >> or < > keys to adjust the trim instead of the keypad then quickly hit space, it doesn't do the blinking thing in the bin and it never exhibits the problem behaviour. 

My team and I found that the issue only seems to present itself when the clip or sequence being viewed is in "Frame View" and changing that view to "Text View" eliminates the issue.  Has anyone else experienced this?  See Video in this link:   https://youtu.be/2aXHgpPUdJE

Kiel J. Hunt SPECS:  12-core Ivy Bridge Mac Pro, 64GB RAM, Artist DNxIQ, Avid Video Desktop 10.9.8, Media Composer 2018.5, MAC OSX 10.12.6, Isis 4.7.11 (Using Nexis Client Manager 7.11)

Kiel

Can you email me the DNxIQ serial #?

marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Mon, Sep 24 2018 6:49 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,018
    • Points 215,715
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Steve Kistner:

We are seeing this as well on our first dnxiq box (building today).  

Any one else see this?

Steve Kistner | CBS Sports

Steve

Can you send me the serial # of the DNxIQ and the version of MC and OS you are on?

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Mon, Sep 24 2018 8:51 PM In reply to

• Steve Kistner
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 19 2012
    • New York City
    • Posts 33
    • Points 375

Thank you - we did a little digging & ended up backrevving the firmware to be closer in line with our edit version.  As shipped our DNxIQ came with 10.10.1 (latest rev) We checked the release date of media composer 8.8.5.46340 & show that was listed as supported by the 10.9.1 release of the DNxIQ.   We are stutter free after backrev & are testing this version further. We did not try other versions.   Best, Steve Kistner | CBS Sports

-- Steve

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller