Latest post Wed, Sep 12 2018 1:09 PM by Jeroen van Eekeres. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Sep 12 2018 1:09 PM

Multicam camera selection slowdown

Hi editors,

I'd like to ask for some others to share their experiences as the subject is a bit subjective.

On new Avid supported HP z4 workstations with 32G memory with MC 2018.8 connected to a Nexis (pro or E4) through 1x or 2x 1G I'm getting multiple reports of a relatively large slowdown in the camera selection of 4 or 9 way multicam in larger timelines compared to previous versions of MC like MC 8.4.5. Several editors coming from HP Z420's with MC 8.4.5 that were editing a daily show for the past 2 years on an ISIS 5000 through 1G are agreeing that the slowdown really affects their work.

I checked myself and confirmed that the delay is indeed often between 1 and 2 seconds, not a disaster but considering that on older hardware with older versions of MC this was almost instant I do wonder if it needs to be reported to engineering.

I'm also wondering how the media cache settings might affect multicam performance.

Are others in the field also having muticam performance issues with MC 2018.x, more specifically 2018.8?   

Most of the MC/NC, Interplay, Nexis, ISIS, Unity stuff. [view my complete system specs]

Avid reseller ACSR at Telmaco

http://www.telmaco.gr/en/

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller