Latest post Wed, Sep 12 2018 10:16 PM by jwrl. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Sep 10 2018 5:27 PM

• Westcity
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Feb 15 2008
    • Posts 80
    • Points 1,135

require two clicks to rename sequences and clips! plus 1.5X play

in virtually no other app can you accidentally rename files by simply clicking on them.  You have to click twice, with a pause.  For example, in Finder.

How many times have we named a sequence and then accidentally hit enter or just gone on to the next task to find that the following key strokes renamed the sequence or clip below it!  And undo won't get it back!

Why not lock the name of a sequence until you click twice with a pause, like Finder.  

other requests:

* 1.5X speed.    when scanning through rushes, normal speed is often too slow and 2X is too fast to understand voices.  1.5X, which was available in FCP 7 for years, is perfect.  

* shortcut for audio level adjustment.  Why is it not possible to assign "Adjust pan/vols on track" to a key, instead of making us go to the hamburger on the audio mixer

THANKS!

Steve Ascher

MacBook Pro and iMac BMD extreme card and minimonitor [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Sep 10 2018 5:38 PM In reply to

Re: require two clicks to rename sequences and clips! plus 1.5X play

Westcity:

* 1.5X speed.    when scanning through rushes, normal speed is often too slow and 2X is too fast to understand voices.  1.5X, which was available in FCP 7 for years, is perfect.  

That was actually implemented a couple of versions ago, check out Dynamic Play/Reverse (Dynamic Shuttle) in the Command Palette.

Here is a (long but insightful) video about how that works, by Jeffrey Lomicka, whose team built this feature:

https://vimeo.com/243235025

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Sep 10 2018 6:06 PM In reply to

• Westcity
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 80
    • Points 1,135

Wow - thank you Job!  And thanks Jeffrey for building it.

MacBook Pro and iMac BMD extreme card and minimonitor [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Sep 12 2018 7:12 AM In reply to

• TrevorA
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London
    • Posts 1,052
    • Points 11,975

Westcity:

Why not lock the name of a sequence until you click twice with a pause, like Finder.  

Because when I create a sequence, or a subsequence, or a subclip I usually do want to rename it. 

And when I name something in a bin I very often want to rename the next clip. Or tab to change another column WITHOUT using the mouse.

In some versions they managed to lose this feature and it drove me bananas.

By all means argue for the option to disable this, but don’t remove the feature!

• Wed, Sep 12 2018 9:55 AM In reply to

• Westcity
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 80
    • Points 1,135

I'm just talking about the sequence/clip name, not other columns.  Agree - making an option to disable would be ideal

• Wed, Sep 12 2018 10:16 PM In reply to

• jwrl
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 8,365
    • Points 96,795

Westcity:
    How many times have we named a sequence and then accidentally hit enter or just gone on to the next task to find that the following key strokes renamed the sequence or clip below it!
    For what it's worth, in Windows if you use the numeric keypad enter key only the clip that you've selected will be renamed.  I assume that it's the same on the Mac.

MC 7.0.4 - Asus P6T Deluxe V2 mobo - Intel i7 920 2.66GHz - Windows 7 Ult64 SP1 - nVidia Quadro FX 1800 - 16 Gbyte low latency DDR3 RAM - Internal 8 Tb... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller