Latest post Fri, Sep 7 2018 11:55 AM by DStone. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Sep 6 2018 9:00 PM

2018. 8 Freezes

For a couple weeks now I have not been able to use AVID Media Composer First, at all. Everything is up to date via the Application Manager. I have a fast enough computer (Windows 10), I have used previous versions of Media Composer First on this machine. 

FNo matter what I do, unstall and reinstall nothing fixes the issue, I have received a message telling 

me the Quicktime (I Have Installed!!!) on my machine is not installed 

• Thu, Sep 6 2018 10:19 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,638
    • Points 18,000
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: 2018. 8 Freezes

Hi Nick,

We have a qualified list of Windows workstation and none of these is AMD CPU some with AMD GPU. Avid video always required higher end systems – workstations.  That is what we qualify.  Our partners provide us with systems and those systems do not have AMD CPU options. Why don’t we test low end consumer systems with AMD processors (or even Intel processors)?  Historically, consumer systems don’t perform well, have lower quality, lower CPU life expectancy and generally are not meant to run 24/7 doing video editing.

Thanks,

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Sep 6 2018 10:40 PM In reply to

Hi, Ralph

While I appreciate the generic reply back that I don't have an appropriate system. I have used previous versions of AVID Media Composer First on my current machine and with the specs in the photo. 

• Fri, Sep 7 2018 11:55 AM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,422
    • Points 44,185
    • Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Just because it worked on previous versions doesn't mean it will work with the current version. This happens even with Intel processors and NVidia display cards for unsupported systems. It could be anything from a driver issue to actual incompatibility with the hardware.

I'd start looking at the drivers, particularly for the video card. If you're not running the latest driver, try upgrading. If you are running the latest driver, try downgrading.

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 16Gb, NVidia GTX 970 4GB, Win 10 Pro, MC(generally the latest or the one just before), MC 7.x [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller