Latest post Wed, Sep 5 2018 2:43 PM by RalphC. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Sep 4 2018 12:09 PM

USB dongle not working on Mac Book Pro.

I have a new Mac Book Pro (2017 model actually) with four USB-C ports running High Sierra 10.13.6.

I recently installed Media Composer and Application Manager, but the Mac Book won't recognise the dongle. I just get the "which method do you want to use to activete" message.

The dongle stiil works fine on our other workstations (i-macs). All machines are running the latest MC version.

Because the Mac Book Pro has USB-C ports, I'm using an Apple USB to USB-C adaptor. I was thinking maybe the adaptor was the problem, although I can't think why it should be.

Has anyone had the same problem with a Mac Book Pro? Any advice would be appreciated.

John

• Tue, Sep 4 2018 1:56 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,729
    • Points 19,035
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: USB dongle not working on Mac Book Pro.

Hi John,

Dongle Info (Mac Only):
     The Dongle Sentinel driver installer is no longer automatically installed when you install the editing application. The driver is now located in the Avid_Utilities folder (/Applications/Utilities/Avid_Utilities/Sentinel_Driver). If you have a dongle, manually install the driver from this location.When installing the Sentinel Driver,  check your System Preferences and select “Security and Privacy.” You may need to choose to Allow the driver to be accessed.

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Sep 5 2018 2:32 PM In reply to

Hi Ralph

Brilliant! That worked. Thanks a lot.

Also, that proves the USB dongle works OK with a USB-C adaptor, which I was unsure of... That fact might help others.

Thanks again.

John

• Wed, Sep 5 2018 2:43 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,729
    • Points 19,035
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Awesome! I'm using a USB-C adaptor my self, I got a new Mac book.

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller