Latest post Wed, Sep 12 2018 5:51 PM by RalphC. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Aug 30 2018 5:52 AM

EQ3-7 Band not responsive

Hi,

I am trying to make fine changes to audio tracks by adding the EQ3-7 Band plug-in.  However, while I have used this in the past and all has been well, for some reason this time, while it has been added, no difference is being made at all to anything audible.  I appreciate that this is a blue-dot effect, but have no idea why I cannot hear any differences to the audio.  The intention is to 'roll off' things like wind noise, and, as said, in the past, using this plug-in, it has been quite successful.

Further, I would like to add an attachment here to show a screenshot, but for some reason the Avid Forum is "denying" me access to upload.

Please advise,

DC

Asus N55SF Notebook running Windows 10 Home Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20GHz Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB System type... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Aug 31 2018 7:30 AM In reply to

Re: EQ3-7 Band not responsive

Hi,

Can anyone answer these two points, please?  Many thanks,

DC

Asus N55SF Notebook running Windows 10 Home Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20GHz Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB System type... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Aug 31 2018 12:26 PM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,460
    • Points 44,575
    • Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Are you saying it's not working when rendered?

To attach the pictures, click on the Insert media icon (next to the emoji icon), click Browse to open  the browse dialog, click the Upload File tab, and then click Browse to select your files. This will bring the images back to the first dialog. You can select the images from there to insert. If they're really large, you can also set the height and width,

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 16Gb, NVidia GTX 970 4GB, Win 10 Pro, MC(generally the latest or the one just before), MC 7.x [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

• Sat, Sep 1 2018 9:32 AM In reply to

Nope, this forum is denying me access to upload a PNG.  Odd, as I have uploaded numerous in the past.

As for the main issue, it is not a case of rendering just yet, as beforehand it does not appear possible to affect changes using the plug-in. In the past, I have added the plug-in to the audio track, opened it up, then I think (if memory serves me correct) you have to press the preview tab while audio-looping, then twist the knobs to make pitch changes, etc., and then, once you like what you hear, you render the effect so that it can then play on the timeline.  All of these beforehand stages presently no longer occur.  I tried messing around, and nothing - the original audio plays, but no alterations via the plug-in happen.

• Sun, Sep 2 2018 4:11 PM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,460
    • Points 44,575

OK, so the plug-in itself is not functional. I tested it on my system, and it is working normally. You may want to try doing a re-install, deleting (or moving) the plug-ins directory before hand.

Here's a .png of a lunar eclipse I took. I'm wondering if you've hit a limit for the number and/or space for uploads.

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 16Gb, NVidia GTX 970 4GB, Win 10 Pro, MC(generally the latest or the one just before), MC 7.x [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

• Sun, Sep 2 2018 8:49 PM In reply to

Hi Dave,

I would not know what to do re: re-installing but messing around with the plug-ins directory first.  Help?

Also, I do not know how to delete photos/images so as to free up space for the uploads.

D.

• Mon, Sep 3 2018 12:04 AM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,460
    • Points 44,575

I'd move the directory Program Files\Avid\Avid Media Composer\AVX2_Plug-Ins somewhere else, and then re-install.

As to freeing up space, if that's this issue, I have no idea either. You might want to send a PM to Marianna or RalphC and see if they can find out what the limits on uploads, if any, happen to be. I suspect that if you remove the uploads, images in previous messages will disappear.

Dave S.

• Mon, Sep 3 2018 7:03 AM In reply to

Hi Dave,

Aaah, that's highlighted something else.

Ok, so I wouldn't know where to move to.  Literally cut & paste the folder and place it somewhere else - where?

Your description of where the folder in question is correct.  Yet, as well as "...Program Files\Avid\Avid Media Composer\AVX2_Plug-Ins" there is an AVX2_Plug-Ins folder at "...Program Files\Avid\AVX2_Plug-Ins" where there happens to be placed my recent free upgrade for New BlueFX, which, by the by, presently does not launch within MC (but as I have no present need for it, though soon will, I had not bothered to deal with the issue at this present moment).

In short, how exactly should I handle moving the AVX2 plug-in folder?  And what to do with New BlueFX titling plug-in?

Thank you,

DC

• Mon, Sep 3 2018 9:45 PM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,460
    • Points 44,575

Just use the Windows file explorer and drag it somewhere else (you could drag it to the desktop, or into your documents directory, etc.) It doesn't make a difference where you put it, as long as it's no longer in the Avid directory when reinstall.

Dave S.

• Mon, Sep 3 2018 10:35 PM In reply to

Ok, thank you, though I am confused about the process.  So do I uninstall, then reinstall, but before launching MC move the folder in question to some place else?  If not, then what?  Also, can you take a look above at the New  BlueFX question?

Thank you,

DC

• Tue, Sep 4 2018 11:22 AM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,460
    • Points 44,575

Uninstall, move the folder (if it doesn't get deleted by the uninstall procedure), and then re-install. You'll have to re-install the plug-in for New BlueFX afterwards (though it might also be as simple as copying the plug-in from the saved directory back to the new directory; if you do that you'll probably have to restart MC before it will see it).

Dave S.

• Wed, Sep 12 2018 5:51 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,703
    • Points 18,765
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Test attachment.

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller