Latest post Thu, Aug 30 2018 9:51 AM by RalphC. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Aug 30 2018 2:31 AM

• FCPuser
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 14 2006
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Locked out of Media Composer, expired subscription.

Currently I'm unable to open my copy of Media Composer.  Had an annual subscription that expired in Feb of 2017.  The deal was that I could continue to use that version of MC forever, and I did in fact keep using it for a while afterwards.  However, tried to fire it up the other day and got the whole activation dialogue.  App manager hung up/wouldn't initialize or connect to my account so I uninstalled and reinstalled.  Now it connects, but that hasn't helped.  It still has all my details (system id and activation id, symphony option, etc) in the licensing tab, but when I try to activate it tells me my subscription must be renewed.

That wasn't the deal! I never upgraded MC after my subscription expired, so I should be able to access MC, right?  How can I use this software I paid for?

I gotta say, this system is a real hassle!

(Contrary to my username, I've been using Avid for about 10 years now)

• Thu, Aug 30 2018 9:51 AM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,633
    • Points 17,945
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Locked out of Media Composer, expired subscription.

Hello FCPuser, 

Email or pm me I will help.

Thanks,

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller