Latest post Fri, Aug 24 2018 4:47 PM by Marianna. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Aug 24 2018 12:59 PM

Audio plugin list of MC compatible plugins

Does there exist a definitive list of which audio plugins will work inside Media Composer. All the lists I find just seem to list ProTools compatible ones.

thanks

MC 8.8.2 OSX 10.12.3 Quicktime 7.6.6 Nitris DX [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Aug 24 2018 1:02 PM In reply to

Re: Audio plugin list of MC compatible plugins

I wish there were, (maybe there is?) but I think the way it works is that most any Avid AAX plugins work, and Third Party plugin mfg's need to decide whether or not to support MC. Many of them work, even if not supported. Some of them don't since they require specific Pro Tools architecture to work. Wish I had a better answer.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Aug 24 2018 4:47 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,284
    • Points 219,185
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Audio plugin list of MC compatible plugins

Job is correct but you can see the plug-ins that are available for use wth MC and PT on our web site.  

https://www.avid.com/media-composer-ultimate/recommended-plug-ins

All of these and those that are on the store are compatible and we work with those partners to ensure compatibility.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller