Latest post Mon, Aug 20 2018 2:02 PM by Pat Horridge. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Aug 20 2018 5:38 AM

• daryl5
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Israel
    • Posts 245
    • Points 3,595

Need your help with Testing 4K video on your computer

Hi 

Add to my previous post that I am looking to buy a good strong computer that can handle a work with 4k video that will come 90% from Gh5 I was able to get a sample video from a friend that has Gh5

all I ask from you is that you download this file and try to do the following on your computer 

1. import it as a link and try to play it with full quality 

2. if this works then layer it on the timeline with 5 video layer and put a picture into picture effect on every layer and change the video size so that you can see all the layers when you play the video 

3. and if all that works smooth try to render at DNX-HR HQX Mxf and see if your CPU or CPUs get to 100%

now what I am hoping to get from this test is to see if an old Z820 or Z620 or Z440 or any pc with I7 or I9 can hanel this work. 

and if your pc was able to work with that file then please post your computer specification as for:

1.model number if this is a brand computer
    2. Cpu model and version and if you have one or 2 CPUs
    3. size of your RAM
    4. video card model and RAM size
    5. Hard disk model, type as for SSD and size

so that I will know what to order.

as I want to buy a used pc for this work as for budget reason still I want to buy one that will be able to do this work 

I was able to test it on a new I7 7800X with 32Gig or ram and Nvidia 1080Ti card and on that computer, I was able to do it all with no problem only when i get to the render part the cpu get to 100% 
    and at just play the video with 5 layer it was on 60 ~ 70% 

here is the file to download. https://mab.to/Ft9vyIv4kox this is and 8.5Gb file

you can open a new project at 4K CDI 3996x2160 25P as this video is in Pal 25p

p.s

I may say that if you tried it all and your pc didn't manage to do all that it also can help if you can give me the info on that pc so that I will know that this model is not good for this work.

Thanks for your help 

Tamir

Xw8200 dual 3.8 Xeon 5GB of memory 6x2TB Sata HDD Mojo [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Aug 20 2018 10:15 AM In reply to

• v-block
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Posts 537
    • Points 6,800

Re: Need your help with Testing 4K video on your computer

My guess is no one is going to download 8.5GB. I would suggest you come up with a way to offer a shorter smaller file, which could then be joined end on end on end to make a large file or some other method that lets the file be expanded by the end user in a consistent way but stil represents the type of file you will be working with.

Asus X58 Sabertooth motherboard, Core i7 920 CPU, Win 7 Pro 64bit, NVIDIA GeForce GT610, 12GB Corsair 3x4GB CMX-12GX3M3A1333C9 ram in triple channel config... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Aug 20 2018 12:32 PM In reply to

• daryl5
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Israel
    • Posts 245
    • Points 3,595

yes this is a big file but I have uploaded it to a service that gives a very high speed as for upload and downloads if I was able to download it fast and I am from Israel and we have bad lines here than in the US or anywhere in the world where you have a decent internet line this will not take more than a few minutes

Xw8200 dual 3.8 Xeon 5GB of memory 6x2TB Sata HDD Mojo [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Aug 20 2018 1:37 PM In reply to

Thats 10 streams of media playing in realtime. I imagine drive speed (even SSD) maybe the limiting factor.

I certainly wouldn't be expecting older Z820s to handle in.

I'd be looking at an HP Z8 for that sort of workload.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Mon, Aug 20 2018 1:58 PM In reply to

• daryl5
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Israel
    • Posts 245
    • Points 3,595

as I have told you in my test on I7 7800x with 1 normal SSD hard it run with no frame drop this is way I do think that an old z820 with dual Xeon and SSD disk may work  

• Mon, Aug 20 2018 2:02 PM In reply to

The footage has very little movement in it so its hard to detect any frame drops You have to rely on the yellow red timeline indicators.

Oh and its UHD 3840 not 4K for clarity

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller