Latest post Tue, Aug 21 2018 2:57 PM by Marianna. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Aug 20 2018 12:30 AM

Multi frame rates help.

Hi guys first time posting here so please if anything needs correcting let me know.

Context

I'm a student editing on Avid Media Composer and because I am interested in becoming a professional editor I thought I would get some extra practice so I bought some footage online.

The footage that I bought is for a fight scene but they have used 3 different frame rates throughout the shoot, 23.97, 48 and 96. This was obviously because the original director wanted these to be slow Mo shots but the problem is that obviously I can only create my project in one frame rate. Any help would be appreciated,

thanks in advance,

David

• Tue, Aug 21 2018 2:57 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,018
    • Points 215,685
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Multi frame rates help.

Hi David

Welcome!  We are a fun and helpful bunch.   First, go to your name in the upper right corner next to sign out.  Click on your name.  Then on the left naviation bar select Edit proile and add your system Spec's.

What will your final output be - 23.97 ...??  Make that your project format.   The newer versions of MC make micing easier than it used to be.  You no longer have to create separate projects for the different rates.    Still, when you transcode, make sure to use the "Keep source frame rate" option - otherwise, you won't be able to relink back to your original media.  A framerate conversion will break the relationship between the source and transcoded material.

Here is a good conversation on this.  

https://community.avid.com/forums/t/184086.aspx

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller