Latest post Sun, Aug 19 2018 5:56 AM by camoscato. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Aug 19 2018 5:38 AM

• Peter Benner
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, May 12 2010
    • Wellington - New Zealand
    • Posts 41
    • Points 540

DVD Creation from Mediac Composer getting the right Aspect ratio

Locked Contact

Good Evening from Down under

Hoping to draw on some real experience in this area. For many years I have been creating DVD's at the rate of around 1500 in the last 3 months of every year. My work flow has been rock solid. Shooting in Pal on Sony HDV cameras at DV 16.9 or what Sony refers to as wide screen on these cameras. Timeline represents these settings in format as 25i Resolution 720x576 Aspect ratio 16:9  Since the begining of my realtionship with Media Composer a mixdown and a Send to Avid DVD select wide screen in Avid DVD's project settings, and then after a little more tinkering press burn and I have a full frame 16:9 picture on my control room Monitor....Easy and Easy it was.... !

Then a couple of weeks ago the need to upgrade the now 10 year old PC came along and I decided to go MAC.

Producing DVD's with the available software that one can actually buy today seems to be a bit of a battle.

So after purchasing a number of products like Roxio Toast and Burn I decided to try making the DVD's in Sorrenson 11 Pro using the DVD ISO Image _ES_ PAl and burn straight out of Squeeze. My issue is with all amounts of fiddling with Pixel Aspect / Letterbox or Pillar unconstrained in the preset etc  - I just cannot produce a full frame 16:9 result. I wondered if I could seek some assistance from, the community to run through my settings and see what I am missing to achieve that very simple 16:9 full frame result that was so simple and straight forwards with AVID DVD.

I thought I would post this in both the Mac and PC areas apologies if thats not the done thing..

Many Thanks in Advance

Pete

Intel i7 930 @ 2.80GHZ; Asus P6T Deluxe Version 2; 24Gb Ram; 1 System Drive 2TB 3 partitions;1 Aux Drive 6TB; Video Raid0 Drive 4TB; NVida Quadro FX3800;... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Aug 19 2018 5:56 AM In reply to

Re: DVD Creation from Mediac Composer getting the right Aspect ratio

Locked Contact

Hi Pete,

Peter Benner:
    I thought I would post this in both the Mac and PC areas apologies if thats not the done thing..

Please don't post the same question in multiple places. Anyone who wants to help follow this link:

http://community.avid.com/forums/t/185278.aspx

thanks,

Carl

Media Composer 2018.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller