Latest post Thu, Nov 8 2018 11:21 AM by addinski. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Aug 18 2018 6:17 AM

nablet XAVC XDCAM Plug-Version 4.5.5

PLAYBACK ISSUES USING THIS PLUGIN, or even earlier 4.03 with Media Composer 2018.5 running on OS X Sierra. Traschcan with dual AMD FirePro D700 64GB ram

Fresh install of everything including OS. Media plays back fine in Premiere, VLC and Catalyst browse etc.. In fact if I simply rewrap the mxf clip with video container switcher avid will link and play it perfectly as well. Already sent support request to nablet. just wondering if any one else had this issue.

Most are New MacPro 12 core or 8 Core 2012 MacPros with 24+ Gb Ram nvidia gtx 1070 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Aug 20 2018 6:13 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,890
    • Points 214,125
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: nablet XAVC XDCAM Plug-Version 4.5.5

Larry

I got a case going.... at least support can try it and see if it happens.  Are you able to upgrade to 2018.7.1 or 2018.8 so we can eliminate any playback engine issues?????

Case # 03533722

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Mon, Aug 20 2018 7:00 PM In reply to

The people @Nablet got back to me. They have confirmed the issue to some extent:

"We tried to reproduce the problems under same Media Composer version and and OS version. When playing back the linked file we can see some clitches at the beginning of the clip but not as many as in you screenshot. Indeed there are problems.
    But when we link the file with the MC builtin MXF plugin we see the glitches as well. This tells us that the issue is caused by the MC internal AVC decoder. The nablet plugin acts as a so called Samplemapper only under MC. This means it only provides access to the compressed video data and meta data and the decoding is processed inside MC. There is nothing we can do at nablet side to fix the issue.

However, we then installed MC 2018.8 and found that the problems are gone with this version of MC. So you should update to 2018.8 to overcome the problems., if possible."

However I think it is important to note that the exact same file, when rewrapped in a quicktime container, plays back perfectly. I highly doubt it is a decoding problem, but rather it is probably incorrect metadata being passed to media composer.
    I am a bit reluctant to upgrade to 18.5 since a number of people have claimed to roll back to it for reasons of stability.

Most are New MacPro 12 core or 8 Core 2012 MacPros with 24+ Gb Ram nvidia gtx 1070 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Nov 8 2018 11:21 AM In reply to

• addinski
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Erfurt, Germany
    • Posts 177
    • Points 2,120

I had the exact same problem. I cleared the AMA cache files. That did the trick for me. Fingers crossed.

Andre.

MAC OS X 10.11.6 AVID MC 2018.3 + Avid Mbox Pro 3 MACBOOKPRO 15" Retina, i7 2.66 GHz Quadcore, 16GB Ram Dell UltraSharp U2711 Sony FS5 & Alpha... [view my complete system specs]

Honestly I hate editing.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller