Latest post Sat, Aug 18 2018 12:02 PM by camoscato. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Aug 16 2018 8:30 AM

• h_creation
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 16 2018
    • NJ
    • Posts 6
    • Points 90

.MTS video files converted for AMA linking

Locked Contact

Hello my issues is with .MTS files. I’m working from a storage cloud and need to convert these high quality .MTS files into low quality file. With the low quality files I want to ama link and cut a sequence. Next relink to the original .MTS files, and then transcode!

If I initially ama link to the original .MTS files it plays back choppy and jittery! 

Spec: MacBook Pro 2.6ghz 16gb of ram MC 8.01 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Aug 17 2018 3:09 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,079
    • Points 216,475
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: .MTS video files converted for AMA linking

Locked Contact

Can you add your system spec's please to your profile so we know what you are using?  Click on your name in the upper right corner then edit profile and add your specifications.  MC version, OS, Computer etc....

The best workflow involves using the Source Browser. 

Inside the Source Browser, enable the option to view folders as media volumes.  When you enter the folder that has your AVCHD (I hope you copied the full card and not just the MTS files....) - your clips should appear.  Select them all, link them to a bin - and they'll appear in a bin.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Sat, Aug 18 2018 2:29 AM In reply to

• h_creation
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 16 2018
    • NJ
    • Posts 6
    • Points 90

Locked Contact

Thanks for the reply, and I wasn't able to find the location to enter the spec!

Specs:

MacBook Pro
    OSX El Capitan 10.11
    2.6ghz
    16gb of ram
    MC 8.01

Spec: MacBook Pro 2.6ghz 16gb of ram MC 8.01 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Aug 18 2018 5:22 AM In reply to

• GT
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • South Africa
    • Posts 374
    • Points 4,095

Locked Contact

h_creation:
    Thanks for the reply, and I wasn't able to find the location to enter the spec!

Click on [view my complete system specs]

That will take you to your Portfolio page and you can enter your specs there.

MC Ver 8.7, Intel Core I5, NVidia Quadro FX 570, 16Gb Ram, 250 Gb system drive, 2 Tb Render/Media drive, Windows 7 64bit Pro, QT 7.6.6 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Aug 18 2018 12:02 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

Please don't post the same question multiple times. Anyone who wants to help follow this link:

http://community.avid.com/forums/t/185253.aspx

Media Composer 2018.12.1 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller